Setting vibrate for SMS on Note 3

Josta

Reaction score
I got my Note 3 the other day, and Verizon, Best Buy, and the Samsung rep at Best Buy (even after calling tech support at Samsung) all cannot solve my notification vibration seemingly not working. Being hearing-impaired, the vibration feature is important to me.

In the "Messages" settings, under "More", the "Vibrate" is checked (after turning the volume up ever so slightly so the vibrate icon is also on the speaker icon with the slash through it.

Then under the device settings, "Sound", "Vibrations", it is set for "Basic Call" or any of the other patterns. Tried the custom patterns as well. (When selecting them, the "test" vibrations are quite intense.) The "Vibration Intensity" setting for "Incoming Call" and "Notification" are both turned up all the way.

Yet, when receiving a text message, I still only get the two short bursts of vibration which is not much help to me. The Samsung rep had a S3 (I think) with identical commands and setup features, and his vibration DOES work as advertised, but cannot replicate that on my Note 3. None of the vibration patterns (including the custom ones I created) under "Sound"-"Vibrations" work at all.

Samsung in Texas says that even though it is on the settings menu, the Note 3 does not have the ability to change the notification vibrations!

What to do?????

Thanks!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
That is very odd. I just went ahead and created a pattern so that I could give this a try. The created pattern work great for phone calls, but you are right. I can not get the pattern to work for the text notification. Seems like such a simple option to leave out.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Go SMS Pro is free and allows you to make a custom vibration pattern for incoming texts - I can confirm that it works on my Note 3.

OP
J

Josta

Reaction score
Samsung suggested a battery pull. Although that did not help the embedded vibration pattern feature with SMS, I was then able to re-download Lightflow (it didn't work before) and now it works using Lightflow!