Setcpu causing problems?

lurch81

Reaction score
I love new miui but when I setup setcpu I noticed a drop in performance and screen redraw craziness and now I uninstalled it and seems to be better, is this a known issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I love new miui but when I setup setcpu I noticed a drop in performance and screen redraw craziness and now I uninstalled it and seems to be better, is this a known issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Did u do a completely fresh install?? wipe everything before flashing (Data,Cache,Dalvik Cache)if u have any backed up apps on ur sd card like in titanium backup folders or astro folders delete them also dont let ur apps auto install when u flash the rom an it first boots up to wear the little android guy is, bypass that sign in to google by pressing the corners of the screen in this sequence topleft,topright,bottomright,bottomleft, that will take u directly to ur home screen now sign into google by going to settings-accounts then download ur apps ,sucks cause its time consuming but i have had no problems with this rom or any app since this method i recommend it for any new rom install only way to get a TRUE FRESH install hope this helps

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thats not what he is asking.

OP...yes...I experienced the same when using setcpu. I uninstalled it...and miui was still laggy, so I wiped and reinstalled over again and didnt bother with setcpu this time...and its smooth and fast as is. Although its only 800mhz...its plenty fast for my taste.

that being said...in the init.sholes.rc file in root directory...I noticed in power managment settings that it scales from 250 to max...ondemand 30000 and upscale thresholding 93.

So I am assuming the underclocking ability works w/o set cpu. Its just the max is not adjustable with screen off. I dont think it will effect battery life signifcantly.

Last edited:

onsht1kll

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing with setcpu .. i had the problem in 10.26 .. left it out for 11.19 and noticed it was better .. havent touched anything yet on 11.26 but That's cuz i havent had time to .. but so far no lagging or anything .. have you been on this ROM long? Noticed the same with other versions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
L

lurch81

Reaction score
I used it before but never stuck with it...now with the themes and fixed the sliding open unlock issue I'm sticking with it and I did a fresh clean install downloaded all my apps again from market it seemed fine the I turned up speed using setcpu and noticed after tapatalk or browser or games I can't get to home screen quick takes like 30 sec so uninstalled setcpu and got little better but I am noticing it again even tryed the "echo to.home" fix nothing....thinking about doing fresh install or 11-26 release see if its better. Is it ok to restore backups that are made using the miui backup app?