Set Ringtone For Contact on Samsung Fascinate

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Download Ringdroid or Ringlert from market. Make sure to save as notification or ringtone. Go to your phone or messaging settings and then you can select ringtone or notification.

OP
C

crazy650

Reaction score
i mean for each different person in my contact list i could do this with my eris is there a way to do it with this phone or a mod to do it?

Hymizzle

Reaction score
As long as you have downloaded ringtones you can go to edit in your contact and in ringtone option select phone ringtone. It should show default ringtones plus one that are downloaded.

fluidj

Reaction score
In order to do this, I've found that the contact must be saved to your phone and NOT just a synced contact from your google account.

TBV

Reaction score
In order to do this, I've found that the contact must be saved to your phone and NOT just a synced contact from your google account.

Exactly...I was struggling with this issue for a while, then I figured out if your contact has the 'g' icon (Google contact) rather than the silhouette (the phone contact) of a person next to it in your contact list, the ringtone option does not appear on the menu when editing the contact...

Also, if the 'g' contact and the phone contact are linked, the 'g' contact takes precedence over the phone contact when the call is received, and only your default ringtone will play rather than the custom ringtone for the contact (rather confusing, but it seems like an oversight by the S/W developers, unless I am totally missing something...which may be possible...LOL)

So what I did was for all the contacts I wanted custom ringtones for, I unlinked the 'g' and phone contacts from one another, and deleted the 'g' contact...problem solved. TBV