Contact ringtones

squa8181

Reaction score
Just wondering if there was anyway that you can customize a contact ringtone for a text message (not just phone call ringtone) whether there is a setting on the phone or an app on the market?

Using Samsung Fascinate

Reaction score
I actually just transferred mp3s to my phone then went to the stock music player long press on the song you want to use a list of options will come up select set as then it will give you the option of what contact you want to set it for

Froyo would be a just desert

OP
S

squa8181

Reaction score
Ya but it only sets it for when they call you, I also want to be able set it for when they send a text too

Using Samsung Fascinate

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm... That is whole different can o worms I havent been able to find a way sorry. Looks like only the tones they give you the list on alert options does not even show my songs and for call ring tones it does..... Any one else know a way?

Froyo would be a just desert

ohfire

Reaction score
Go to the market and download handcent sms. Then you just need to go into the native messaging app and turn off notification and automatic download of messages. Handcent allows you to set up selected tones for each contact. It will also solve the issue of the phone sending to the wrong contacts as has been happening some with the native messaging app.

have fun

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Go to the market and download handcent sms. Then you just need to go into the native messaging app and turn off notification and automatic download of messages. Handcent allows you to set up selected tones for each contact. It will also solve the issue of the phone sending to the wrong contacts as has been happening some with the native messaging app.

have fun

What he said......

rockin froyo:
super clean 1.0
dark theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

sarabush1968

Reaction score
What about for the new droid razr??? anyone know how to customize individual text message ringtones?