Sense 3.5 on a Gnex?

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm a fan of sense, but I can't get myself to by a phone running gb, so because of the open bootloader, would a sense 3.5 ROM be possible on the Gnex?

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

droid.

Reaction score
I'm a fan of sense, but I can't get myself to by a phone running gb, so because of the open bootloader, would a sense 3.5 ROM be possible on the Gnex?

One Question... Why?

alienware777

Reaction score
You realize that a sense rom would be gb not ics right? Just get a phone that has it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
True I didn't think about that. So if a Sense ROM were to happen, we'd have to wait for Sense ICS to be released. Ah well, not a big loss.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
There have been ports (or are ports) of some of the other UIs to different devices. Most I have seen have had some quirks, like things not functioning 100% properly.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think a port would take some time.. im no coder but when making themes I do have to edit it. Speaking of blur (cause I only know blur) the parts that make it are a blur-res.apk and a moto-res.apk to go along with the standard framework-res.apk. In addition to that, a lot of apps are also blur to get the experience right... phone, dialer, contacts, email, launcher to name a few. Each of those blur apps call to the frame, the blur frame and the moto frame to make one happy cluster... of a mess. So to incorporate it into this phone, you would be bringing a whole lot more than just "sense".

Not saying it cant be done but, I would think, it would be more feasable to see a sense ROM instead of a sense theme or sense port.

I guess what Im saying is, if you are looking, you are definately looking for the right thing (a rom).. but you will need sense for ICS to come out and then some developer to make a ROM that includes all the correct apps and dependencies.

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
i think it will eventually happen but it wont be too stable. look at the droid 1, they had an unstable sense rom that never got out of beta. i believe jamezelle made it, its in the d1 rom section. but now the developers know even more about android, and we are able to get more done. so it depends on if a developer wants to work on it or not.