Sending pictures

waugie14

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

When I send pictures either as an attachment or from the share option, no matter how I send it, it doesn't go through. It says its sent but the person doesn't even get a text. Any help?

Jake Benson

Reaction score
OK, probably a dumb question, but how do I send a picture(s) via a text message and how do you send a picture(s) in an email? I can't seem to see any directions in any menu to send photos.

kaylesworth

Reaction score
When you are viewing a picture, at the top is an open triangle. Tap that for sharing options.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
To send it via text message, you've got two main options. The first is from the gallery. Open the picture you want to send and tap the < icon at the top of the screen (this is the "sharing" icon and will give you different ways to share the picture). From there, tap "See all..." and select messaging. It will import the image into a text message where you can type the name of the recipient and a message. You can also choose to send the picture via email (through any email client installed on the phone) after tapping the < icon and "See all..." Just look for the email app you want to use.

Another way to send a picture is by opening up your messaging app, and then opening the messaging thread with the person you want to send the picture to (or creating a new one if one doesn't exist). When you have that open, you'll see a button next to the area where you type the message with a paper clip on it. Tap this to attach something to the message, like a picture. You'll then be able to select the picture you want to send.

Adding a picture to an email while already in an email app depends on which app you're using. In Gmail, after you open a new email to compose, hit the menu button and select "Attach file." Other email apps will have a similar option to attach a file.