Sending pictures from Gallery and Gmail: File too large to attach error

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by icaneatlikeacow, Oct 23, 2010.

1. icaneatlikeacow

icaneatlikeacow New Member

Hey everyone, I wish my first post here was not one of reporting a problem... but then again I've been enjoying my droid x since it came out that I haven't really had the need to seek help here.

Anyways on to the problem. If I try sending an image no larger than 9mb through the droid x gallery (gallery -> select picture -> menu -> share -> gmail), I get a message of "file too large to attach" and it goes straight to gmail without attaching the file.

At first I thought maybe I was attaching a video by accident but I made sure it was definitely a file less than the 25mb limit gmail has for attachments.

So then afterwards from the email (in gmail with nothing attached) I go and (menu -> attach -> files) and go through to where the file is and attach it through that means and it attaches with no problem.

So this is great but, sending a file through gallery is definitely much easier as it appears to load up faster and have a way to see a full screen preview before sending it out. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem or if there is a different gallery app out there that will easily pre attach the photo to an email without seeing the file too large to attach error?

Thanks!dancedroid droid x does rock though!
Search tags for this page
android email file too large to attach
android file too large to attach
android file too large to attach email
android gmail file too large to attach
android phone sending photo states image too large
cannot send android pictures file too large
droid file too large to attach
droid minu email file too large to attach
droid photos to large to send
file too large to attach

file too large to attach android gmail