Selling Droid, questions....

jrl9851

Reaction score
1. How do I unroot and basically wipe everything to go just to how it was brand new?

2. Can I take my phone number off the droid and sell it and not have a phone for a few weeks, or do I have to put my number on a different phone before I sell it?

I'll be calling verizon after work, but I just wanted to see if any of you have been through this process.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
The best way to accomplish number 1 is to flash an sbf of an older version (ie ESE81 or FRG01b) and then ota to the newest one. You could always just flash the frg22d sbf file, but I always feel more secure letting it come in ota. Either way is acceptable though.

Not sure about number 2 though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best way to accomplish number 1 is to flash an sbf of an older version (ie ESE81 or FRG01b) and then ota to the newest one. You could always just flash the frg22d sbf file, but I always feel more secure letting it come in ota. Either way is acceptable though.

Not sure about number 2 though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I agree flash FRG01B first and let FRG22D come in OTA. It's basically a patch, I don't think everything would come with it.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
How exactly do you flash the non-rooted versions? I'm used to sprecovery lol

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You would use RSD lite on a computer and Flash the Stock SBF

I will try to dig up a link...

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Oh wow, this seems more complicated then it was to root 10 months ago lol. Thanks, I'll try it later.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems like a lot but MotoCache and Christim's guides are very easy to follow

droidpirate

Reaction score
Simple man, download the sbf, download the drivers for you pc operating system, boot your phone into bootloader mode, browse for the SBF file in RSDLite -> Start wait about 5 minutes done. Stock phone

zoo16

Reaction score
The answer to #2 depends on your contract: if you're still under contract, you'll have to get at least some sort of Verizon phone to switch to when the Droid is removed from your account. If you're out of contract, then you're not under the terms of service.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Can I put my droids sd card into my fascinate so I don't lose anything? Also, can I log into my google accounts on each phone or will something mess up?