Seidio Desktop Charging Cradle

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Be Aware: Just purchased Seidio Desktop Charging Cradle. Set it up last night, wroke up this morning, and exstened battery was completely dis charged. So I hooked it up this morning to see, and what it does is try to put it in GPS mode, all night which discharged the battery. Now looking at their return policy, we have to pay shipping cost. With the cradle only costing around $38.00 ( which includes shipping ) not sure if its even worth returning it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the headsup. I was thinking about getting that. Is it still worth getting?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Its up to you, Not sure myself, I will call them later today and see what they have to say, then decide what to do.

Reaction score
Thanks. Hopefully you will post a response as to what they say.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mthorn79

Reaction score
Byahhh...just ordered it not even 5 min before I read this post.

Don't have the extendz battery so I wonder if it'll discharge stock battery.

Guess we'll find out...

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
I think they give you a few hours to cancel order. I don't think its the battery size, it just goes into gps mode, searching for location ect. and stops the charging mode.

mthorn79

Reaction score
I think they give you a few hours to cancel order. I don't think its the battery size, it just goes into gps mode, searching for location ect. and stops the charging mode.

Ok quick question before I cancel my order....do you guys have the "Stand alone GPS Services" option checkmarked under location settings, I have mine turned off & just use Google & VZ's location services.

I'm wondering if you have that checked, maybe it's switching to GPS mode because that is checkmarked....

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Just checked, I have it turned off. Good try tho.....I will call them later today and post their reply.

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
OK Just contacted seido, They are going to send me out a new one, and they will pay for all shipping, so it won't cost me anything. :)

They said this product has only been out a couple of weeks. so they are going to test them out before shipping any more.

They said they are unaware of any problems.

aslandholm

Reaction score
I know this is meant for a desktop charger but do you think if I did want to put it in my car that it would hold well enough. I would secure the base in my car and I drive only interstate and in town. Not bumpy roads and steep turns. Also do you think it would work with a gel case, or do I have to buy the seido case to use with it if I want to keep my phone in the case?

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
I don't know if it would work in the car. Doesn't come with a cigar charger adaptor You can call them and ask.

As far as the gel case, yes it would fit. Comes with a adapter for charging. Will accept bare phone, extened battery, gel case ect.

aslandholm

Reaction score
It looks like any charger will plug into the back of it. I could just plug my car charger in. I'm just wondering how snug the phone with it's gel case would fit into the cradle. Like when I turn a corner would it go flying. :)