Seems like the Incredible is forgotten..

MurderousWaffle

Reaction score
Ok, so remember when everybody was so excited for Android 2.3 to come out? Well, the Droid Incredible was supposed to be one of the first Verizon phones to get this update. Months later, and still no 2.3 for us Incredible users? I mean really, Ice Cream Sandwich is on it's way to the test lab, and we don't even have 2.3 yet? Get it together Android producers, stay true to your promises!

OP
M

MurderousWaffle

Reaction score
Thanks

Yeah, I know, it's already out here in the U.S. There's also supposedly a rumor about the Droid Incredible 3 for December.

But that's not the point. The point is, that at least a million Incredible users are being screwed out of something they were PROMISED. If I remember correctly, the Incredible was the 3rd phone on the chronological list of devices getting the 2.3 upgrade. We are going to be 1.7 implied versions behind once Ice Cream Sandwich comes out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Last I heard was that the OTA for GB was going to be pushed out again "very soon", but those have been empty words past few months...

As an Inc owner I understand your frustration. I personally went the route of ROMing and couldn't be happier with my device. I suggest you look into it and experiment with a bunch of ROMs, it's fun and you really get to have a more personalized Inc.

OP
M

MurderousWaffle

Reaction score
Thanks

Yeah, I've heard about ROMing.. *It sounds alright, but I have a very vague knowledge of the subject. *I really would rather just have Android stop being lazy and get the firmware out already..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, I've heard about ROMing.. *It sounds alright, but I have a very vague knowledge of the subject. *I really would rather just have Android stop being lazy and get the firmware out already..

Simple process, but if you're not comfortable with it then I won't push you towards it.

I just have to say you're guaranteed to get more with ROMing than you would waiting for an OTA.