Searching for best Nutritional Meal tracking app!

doneill220

Reaction score
I've been searching for a friendly droid app to track my meals and nutritional data. Basically an app that can track what I've eaten against my quota. I use Jefit for tracking fitness, and now could use help with my nutrition.

I have been testing 4 droid apps...

#4) "Absolute Fitness" droid app looks like the best user interface of the 4 apps. The negative is all of the reviews say the app is out of date and development has stopped though.... That tells me it is not worth the $5 to try.

#3) "Spark People" droid app looks like a good user interface. This might be my #1 choice, if not for the huge negative... the lack of a barcode scanner. Seems picky, but I run across a number of items I eat and I need to have a quick entry. If I have to look up and search for enter every item, I might as well continue using the excel spreadsheet I am using now.

#2) "Calorie Counter" droid app has the most up to date nutritional information, a barcode scanner for adding items and the ability to create Saved Meals. The drawback to this app is it is not a very friendly mobile app user interface and is difficult to use... not what I expected from a top droid app.

#1) "My Fitness Pal" droid app has a friendly user interface, a barcode scanner for adding items, customizable categories (breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc). This is my favorite of the 4 apps I have tried so far. The negative...I can not seem to figure out how to create "saved meal" to re-use from day to day.

Not looking to be super picky, but I am new to the android market and would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions which I am not aware of. With such a hectic life I could really use an app that helps me monitor what I eat so I can control it. I know the features that I want and have so many ideas as to what would make any of these apps be a great app.

Thanks in advance!

fuller82

Reaction score
in my fitness pal to save a meal click on the meal in your diary eg: breakfast and it gives you the option to save. Been using it since thursday and loving it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Five-0

Reaction score
I highly recommend this one:

FatSecret Android Phones - Calorie Counter

You can sync it with your home computer too much like your gmail contacts. You can set it to track up to four items. I use carbs, fat, protein, and cholesterol. There are other options depending on what you are specifically wanting to track. Many resturants and chains included along with a barcode scanner.