Search function sucks

mitchb2

Reaction score
Hey mods, can't search for gps, can't search for 2.1. Ever wonder why there ate duplicate threads and people yelling at newcomers?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about forums that I I've visited, is that there is so many threads that whenever you try to search for something you have to sift through 50,000 threads to find something....especially if it's something older or something very specific...

The only time it kinda gets on my nerves is when someone posts a thread that has already been talked about in 5 other threads that same day, or within the past few hours...cause you can look at the Active Topics and see what threads were posted on for the at least the previous few hours ya know...

justbob

Reaction score
Ummm, Google can do that for you. Enter the following queries:

gps site:droidforums.net

or

2.1 site:droidforums.net

It's also *much* faster than the native search engine on this site.

:cool:

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
From what I gather, the forum requires you to create "tags" when creating a post. This is the only way for threads to show up when you search. Don't blame the site or the mods for people not taking the time o read the bright red text telling them this fact. Not tying to be an a$$ here, just saying.

As well, I agree win the comment on active topics. That's the page I have bookmarked. It's where I browse. There ARE often 2-3 posts o the same topic and even with VERY similar titles.

Never tried searching via Google, but I've seen multiple people swear by it, so it can't be bad!

If you can't find what you're looking for through either search method, or by quickly scanning active topics, make mention of that in your post. I'm guilty of reminding people to search first, but I don't say anything if they mention that they've tried. Can't say that for EVERYONE that has issue with multiple threads on the same subject, but that's how I roll. You can even lie to me and say you searched. Regardless of whether you did or not, if I have an answer or know of a thread that could help, I'll point you in the right direction.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Search has to be longer than 3 letters. the Google search as mentioned above is another way to go.