sd cards

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the sdcard ext the primary spot for downloads or for anything? I want my interior sdcard to be cleared up for the use of safestrap and I'm running out of space.
Thanks

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Is there a way to make the sdcard ext the primary spot for downloads or for anything? I want my interior sdcard to be cleared up for the use of safestrap and I'm running out of space.
Thanks

The only thing i know of is you can go into the camera and under the slide out setting for flash etc. you can select the sd cad for photo storage.
You can also move apps from internal to the sd card but some apps widgets wont work than.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I remember when I first got my Bionic people were already working on trying to make the EXT directory the default SD card partition.

Never heard anyone say they successfully managed to do it. So your only option is to move everything off your internal that you possibly can. A lot of apps, such as Titanium Backup, allow you to change the directory of stored files, which means you can easily switch it to the EXT directory and move all of the associated files as such.

I know it's not really the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps man.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Vepaot said:
I remember when I first got my Bionic people were already working on trying to make the EXT directory the default SD card partition.

Never heard anyone say they successfully managed to do it. So your only option is to move everything off your internal that you possibly can. A lot of apps, such as Titanium Backup, allow you to change the directory of stored files, which means you can easily switch it to the EXT directory and move all of the associated files as such.

I know it's not really the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps man.

I didn't know i could do that work tibu. I'm sure with all the apps that i have that would for sure clear space.
Thanks

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
eye_dea said:
Check out link2sd app in play store.

I use to use that. Ext sdcard already partitioned for it from when i had the d1. I'll prolly start using it again.
Thanks

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
sst45jeff said:
The only thing i know of is you can go into the camera and under the slide out setting for flash etc. you can select the sd cad for photo storage.
You can also move apps from internal to the sd card but some apps widgets wont work than.

Thanks for the help also! I'm going to check all these out. I'm just not wanting to use a 3gb rom slot on slot 1 so that i can use other slots also.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I moved tibu to ext sdcard saved me a gb lol