SD Card

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score
Hi all,

The SD card in the Eris - is that SDHC or just regular SD? MicroSD?

I'm looking around online for a larger capacity card - Newegg.com has a 32GB for $34.

Anyone have any other deals?

snyluc13

Reaction score
its a microsd pop off your battery cover and take a look:greendroid:

also i believe the eris can only handle 16gb max, i may be wrong there

OP
F

fant0m_Eris

Reaction score

Thanks. I knew it was micro, just wasn't sure what the difference was between SDHC and regular. SDHC looked small in the thumbnail.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

You are correct. Buying more than 16GB for the Eris will be a waste.

strest918

Reaction score
My SD card sometimes becomes unreadable in my phone but when I take it out and put it in my computer it is fine then it is good when I put it back in my phone. This just started today.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

ceboykin86

Reaction score
Have you been un-mounting before removal and mounting your sd card when put back in the phone? Not an expert, but hope I can help.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

VivianC

Reaction score
My daughter's phone had the same issue last week. She never removes the SD card. I unmounted and remounted and her missing apps came back.

kd7ign

Reaction score
I had a Droid Incredible, now have the Thunderbolt. Salesman told me not to put my sd card in because it would bypass the 32G. I don't see and sd card in the phone now, so wouldn't adding a card just add to the memory? I wanted to put the card in so that I could keep some of my ringtones, pictures, etc.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It better have a 32GB card in there. If it doesn't go back to the store. Put your old card in the phone to copy everything off to your computer, then put the 32GB back in.

Or just connect your INC to your computer via USB. That is what I did for my DX.

mark3748

Reaction score
The card is installed, hard to see it tho. You will have to remove the 32gb to install the old one.

What I would suggest is to connect both phones to USB and copy what you want that way.

drew

Reaction score
I had a Droid Incredible, now have the Thunderbolt. Salesman told me not to put my sd card in because it would bypass the 32G. I don't see and sd card in the phone now, so wouldn't adding a card just add to the memory? I wanted to put the card in so that I could keep some of my ringtones, pictures, etc.

Since the phone only supports one SD card, you want the bigger one (the 32 GB that the phone came with). That will put your phone at 40 GB total (8 on the phone, 32 on the card). Put that one in your Thunderbolt.

Copy the contents off the Incredible to your PC (using a USB connection), and then connect your Thunderbolt to your PC and copy the data on your computer to your SD card.

Incredible -> PC -> Thunderbolt
Or, if you have more than one USB drive, you should be able to connect both devices and then copy what you want over.