SD card not found

hermindseye

Reaction score
I'm a day one newbie here - - not sure exactly where to post this

Someone on here recommended formatting the SD card to avoid compatibility issues.....I did that and want to add a "media - ringtones" folder and a "media - notifications" folder and it won't let me create a new folder.

I see a drv folder and an img folder and that's it which I believe is the preinstalled memory. It's not seeing the SD card at all.

Help?

Also, when I try to install drivers, it just takes me to the VZ Media manager website.

Jborch8

Reaction score
I realized after my original post that your phone was not a Fascinate haha. I really have no knowledge in the Thunderbolt but found this thread that I think may help you...

Original Link: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/68916-thunderbolts-usb-drivers.html

EDIT:Accounts and sync
1. Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
2. On your phone’s Connect to PC screen, tap Disk drive, and then tap Done.
On your computer, the connected phone is recognized as a removable disk.
3. Navigate to the removable disk and open it.
4. Copy HTCSync.exe to your computer.
5. After copying, unmount the removable disk (that is, the connected phone) as required by your computer’s operating system to safely remove your phone.
6. On your computer, double-click HTCSync.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to install HTC Sync.
After installing HTC Sync, the HTC Sync icon ( ) is added to your computer’s system tray (check the bottom-right side of your computer screen). You can double-click this icon to open HTC Sync.
Setting up HTC Sync to recognize your phone

After installing, set up HTC Sync to recognize your phone.
1. Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
2. On your phone’s Connect to PC screen, tap HTC Sync, and then tap Done.
On your computer, wait for HTC Sync to recognize your phone.
3. When the Device setup screen opens, enter a name for your phone, and then click Save.
The Device panel then opens

I would visit that link before continuing with the above steps. There is a lot of conversation in that thread that I think can help you out.

"Do you ever get that feeling that you may be wrong and she may be right?"
"Nope"
"Yeah, uh, me neither."

Last edited:
OP
H

hermindseye

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I figured out what I did wrong - - it wasn't set for connecting to the pc.

Like I said - - newbie LOL

Jborch8

Reaction score
I'm glad you figured it out. Always double check those simple things :p

"Do you ever get that feeling that you may be wrong and she may be right?"
"Nope"
"Yeah, uh, me neither."