SD card not formatted?

thetrueserkhet

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

All of the sudden (no drops, no power downs) I got an error message saying my card was blank/has unsupported filesystem. Most of my apps were on the card. Is there any way to recover without reformatting? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX

ColinZack

Reaction score
I don't know how to recover but I had the same issue and reformatting wouldn't even fix it. I had to take it back to a verizon wireless retail store and have them exchange the card (this was past my 30 day grace period for returns)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. This isn't gonna help but someone posted not too long ago that they had a similar issue. Their buttons were even grayed out for "Unmount SD card" and "Format." Also said he was having an unsupported error.

Don't think you can recover. But for future reference, make backups of your SD card and move to a folder on your comp every once in a while. That way if this happens, you just buy new SD card and move it over.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

OP
T

thetrueserkhet

Reaction score
I was afraid that would be the case. I'm also passed my 30 day grace period by a week so it'll be interesting to see if they accommodate my request...and thanks for the tip. I'm usually the backup queen but neglected to do so for my new toy and this is what I get. *sigh* at least I didn't lose my angry birds scores when I reinstalled.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
T

thetrueserkhet

Reaction score
Went to verizon today and they gave me a new card. Thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my DROIDX