SD card-- Currently CHecking SD card for errors

charrod796

Reaction score
HELP!!!!! Running droidmod1.0 with SD card that came with droid When i boot up my phone, it just keeps checking and checking and checking the SD card for errors. cannot access through root explorer and will not connect to my pc. Might have something to do with recent overheating? gotten up to 122 degrees... any ideas? Dont have a compatible card reader btw

EDIT: Has gone for up to 12 hours before i have rebooted and still showing this message

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There have been some problems lately with SD cards getting corrupted... Can you format the card with the phone?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that your SD card may need reformatted. I use a Mac and when I first got my Droid I was paying around and forgot to eject (disconnect) from my computer before I pulled the USB cable. I kept receiving an error message preparing Sd card. I took the phone to VZW and they reformatted for me.

Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
C

charrod796

Reaction score
Mike my warranty is voided thanks to root and i cant return to stock without an sd card... And LTKen it does not give me that option... cannot even connect to cpu

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You may have to go out and get an SD/MicrSD converter and a 7-card reader to do this, or find a friend who can help you.... It sucks, but it's just one of those things.

Dont stress about warranty stuff, this really isnt a big deal, we'll get you through it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand about the warranty and rooting issue. Another option, go to VZW, Best Buy, Wallmart and pick up a micro sd card adapter. You can plug the sd card into the adapter the adapter into your computer and reformat. I got mine at VZW for about $13.

Mike

OP
C

charrod796

Reaction score
Also is it normal for my phone to get up to 104 degrees while just charging with no use? And thax LtKen i was just trying to state that going to the store isnt really an option... Why would i need a 7 card reader and a SD/ MicrSD converter?... Just wondering...

kaboyd

Reaction score
IMO, your best bet is to find an adapter or purchase one so you cab format the sdcard. I had this problem a few weeks ago. I believe the card got corrupted and I would get boot loops when it tried to "prepare sdcard". I formatted my card using a PC, and afterwards wiped my data to reinstall droidmod. Been working fine ever since...

OP
C

charrod796

Reaction score
I will go buy one of those asap! but will i lose everything on my card when i do a data reboot? and wont everything work w/o the data reset? i mean like will i have to do both or just reformatting card will fix it all?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also is it normal for my phone to get up to 104 degrees while just charging with no use? And thax LtKen i was just trying to state that going to the store isnt really an option... Why would i need a 7 card reader and a SD/ MicrSD converter?... Just wondering...

No worries. Most readers just do SD, not SD Micro, so you need the adapter card. I could be wrong, but this was the case last time I checked.

The high heat could come from the phone working overtime to make your SD card work. Futile, considering it's corruption.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you get an adapter and insert make a copy of everything first then see if your computer will allow you to read any of the files. If so, you can restore that data.

Mike

OP
C

charrod796

Reaction score
well even before this began to happen, i would get to 110 degrees with just web browsing is THIS normal?Also what if it will not allow me to open any of the files?

kaboyd

Reaction score
I will go buy one of those asap! but will i lose everything on my card?
Unfortunately, yes. You will lose all data you have stored on your sdcard. Most software I have messed with has an ability to backup your data before you format, so you may be able to save your pics and vids. My phone usually runs between 96 and 108 degrees. Occasionally it reaches temps upwards of 125 degrees. I am runing at 1.1 Ghz almost all the time. I have read a some info on this and I have found that that the range for our chips goes up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. so I have not been concerned with my usual readings. The only way I could get an adapter was to buy one with another micro sdcard. So i purchased one from Walmart for $12 with a 2G card.

OP
C

charrod796

Reaction score
Is there anyway i can possibly install the Phone Drivers into my pc because when i connect it says the driver failed to install or something like that...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
well even before this began to happen, i would get to 110 degrees with just web browsing is THIS normal?

It's not abnormal, heat happens when you use the processor and hardware. You should be OK.