Scrollable Folders Included In Android M

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am not sure what you would need a folder with 16 or more apps for. I don't know maybe you have a "Games" folder and you are obsessed with Android games and actually have more than 16 games, or maybe you have a bunch of business apps on your phone for work and you keep those neatly organized in a folder. You might find this new feature pretty usable if you are one of those who stores lots and lots of apps in a single folder. In android M you can scroll horizontally in your folders. Once you add more than 16 apps in a folder your folder automatically creates pages with 16 apps per page. Being able to scroll horizontally will make finding your apps easier and make the whole folder experience seem less cluttered. This is definitely a great new feature!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone on Lollipop allows me to add more apps to a folder than will be visible (9) when the folder is opened, and the additional ones can be seen by scrolling up.
I've not tried adding that many though.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Most of us use 3rd party Launchers that have had this feature for a very long time, no?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Most of us use 3rd party Launchers that have had this feature for a very long time, no?
Some of us do.. Most of the population of Android users... The other 98%..Probably don't even know that there are third party launchers..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
But I am specifically referring to US here. I said US not EVERYONE. :D

Informally, the people who comment on these stories and spend some time here...I'd guess 40% of us use Nova.