Screen timeout

don

Reaction score
Since my Droid update my Screen timeout reverts to 15 sec all the time without my input. This is very annoying. It also removed Never off. Does anyone have the same problem?

soccerburn55

Reaction score
Ok, it's not just me. I was wondering out about that too. I thought it might have been home++. I keep having to change my screen timeout constantly, I normally like my screen timeout to be at 1 minute. I wish there was a way to fix this really annoying problem

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You both should check out the app Screebl Lite...it's free.

It's a great app that will leave your homescreen on while you are using it.

OP
D

don

Reaction score
I have Screen Lite and it works great when you hold the phone in the correct position, but I use my phone at the gym to track my exercise and on the golf course GPS so it goes off all the time. I used to put it on Never off.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have Screen Lite and it works great when you hold the phone in the correct position, but I use my phone at the gym to track my exercise and on the golf course GPS so it goes off all the time. I used to put it on Never off.

I use "Keep Screen". same principal as Screebl however it doesn't work off the orientation of the device... it provides you with a list of services/apps on your phone... you select which ones you want to keep the screen on for... and that's it. very simple. works great for me so far.... use it with gps nav, browsing, games.

troyc

Reaction score
Settings::: Screen & Display timeout

Don & Soccerburn55,

v2.0.1

Same exact problem!!! Same extreme frustration!!!

Testing done so far:::
1) Set timeout to 10 minutes, power off, power on, timeout returns to 1 minute.
----- while I understand that it resets to factory default, this is frustrating. I did *NOT* take the battery out, I did *NOT* choose this setting, I did *NOT* choose to reset it back to factory def. I set a setting, it should stick!

2) I've set it to 2 minutes
----- what i've found is that *at different intervals* it will change to either 1 minute or 15 seconds -- weird I know, but when it changes [and it always does], it doesn't always go to the same setting.

3) I've set it to 10 Minutes [as part of testing].
----- what i've found is that the setting will change to 2 minutes --- after what exact duration I haven't been able to determine. It appears to be a bit random. I left the phone alone, and 2 out of 5 times, it changed within 30 minutes, 1 time didnt change for an entire day, and the other 2, changed somewhat randomly -- after phone/app usage.

4) I've set it to 30 minutes [as part of testing]
----- much the same as above, although! -- it would change to 2 minutes or 15 seconds -- never one minute...

5) anyone have any idea on how to submit an official bug report/feature fix/request???

6) I have not uninstalled any apps...and not sure if we need to report all the apps installed etc.

TroyC

soccerburn55

Reaction score
troyc

Yea I normally like to keep my screen timeout at 1 minute, and before 2.0.1 came out it was fine. I set it to 1 minute and it stayed even if i powered off or took the battery out. But after 2.0.1 came out I will put the screen timeout at 1 minute and randomly it will just shut off the screen after 10 or 15 seconds. The weird thing is that when I go to settings to change it back to 1 minute there is no screen timeout setting set, there is no green dot next to any of the settings. I've tried keep screen, and that is working a little better but it is still sketch at times and it will still shut off the screen randomly. It is just plain frustrating.

m@tt

Reaction score
Anyone have a fix? I also have sreeble lite, but the dam thing still times out after 15 seconds.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
HELP!!!
Just wanted to bring this issue into the foreground, to see if anybody has any insight or resolutions.
Could it be an app interfering?
This started happening the moment i walked out of the Verizon store and the only app that was not on the phone by default was Advanced task killer. So who knows....

m@tt

Reaction score
Seem when you restart your phone by default goes back to 15sec. I know it's not Advanced task killer cuz I have removed that app.

dcw9m

Reaction score
I have mine set for ten minutes and that never changes. However, I bought the phone with 2.01 already loaded.

stoneaeg_tbag

Reaction score
Same issue here, no matter what I set it, always defualts back to 15 sec at some point. I have a few apps installed, but this seems to be a straight up bug...

m@tt

Reaction score
Haven't heard of any fix, but might have a work around in dear time. Working with a buddy to write an app that will keep from changing your time out issues. No word on when. :mad:

MULTIZ321

Reaction score
Is there a way to permanently set the screen timeout to maximum?

Everytime I plug my Droid into a wall outlet and then disconnect and go back to battery power, screen timeout reverts back to 1 minute and I have to continually reset it bck to max.

Haven't figured out how to keep it permanently set to max.

Thanks for any help with this.

Richard

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
I've never tried to permanently set to Max, but I know there is an app in the market called keepscreen that will keep the screen on for any apps that you set it to. I keep screen timeoit set to the minimum in settings, but use keepscreen so that the browser and other apps never let the screen turn off until I exit out of them. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk