Screen timeout turns itself off

navigator

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for 6 months. Recently, I've noticed that it does not automatically turn the screen off. I repeatedly set Screen Timeout for 15 sec. I have to do this at least 3 times a day. I am running Silent Toggle Widgit. Took it off and same problem. Apprediate any ideas.

barcodelinux

Reaction score
Are you running stock 2.2 or a custom ROM?

This shouldn't matter but when was the last time you rebooted? Sometimes rebooting makes everything right with the world.

You could try backing everything up, doing a hard reset, and then restoring your backup.

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
Stock 2-2. Yes have rebooted but it does not fix it.

barcodelinux

Reaction score
You might have some kind of software conflict as well. Something might be preventing the screen timeout from initiating.

You could try uninstalling/reinstalling each app on your phone until the problem in fixed.

Or just a hard reset after a backup.

Just throwing out ideas here. Surprisingly, "My (whatever) doesn't work" isnt the treasure trove of information that you would think it is.

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Will give some of your idea a try.

roafamily

Reaction score
i agree you might have some type of widget installed that will conflict with your settings i have screen mode and that will over ride the droid settings. go to your settings-->applications-->manage applications and check under the running tab to see what is currently running at that point you can force the app to stop w/o uninstalling it