Screen Timeout Setting Help?

dreemesicle

Reaction score
What do you guys set your screen timeout on? Mine is on 1 minute and it can be a bit of a pain but I don't want to drain my battery. Does this have a big effect on the battery? Thanks a bunch!
Tammy*

Zodduska

Reaction score
I think it would have an effect on battery, it seems like the screen is the most draining thing on mine.

I tried 30 seconds but it was irritating having the phone shut off while reading forums and stuff, so what I did was set it to two minutes but every time I put the phone down when I know I'm not going to be using it right away I tap the power button to put it to sleep.

dremelts

Reaction score
Is there a way to have the screen time out without locking the device? It IS annoying to have to unlock the thing all the time.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is there a way to have the screen time out without locking the device? It IS annoying to have to unlock the thing all the time.
unfortunately no....

@dreemsicle I have mine set at 1 minute as well. Pretty optimal setting. Thats the draw back to these big beautiful screens they will draw a lot of power.

But all in all the battery life is pretty good on the Droid. Varies by how much use obviously but overall it's not to bad.

It's WAY better than my Tour was. I could not get through a half day without charging it.

The Droid will at least get me through a full day