Screen Sensitivity When Pluged In

jstbecuz

Reaction score
I notice that the screen doesn't react properly to touch when the phone is plugged in via USB to a wall outlet and laying in a certain position. Anyone else see this?

For example, plugged in and laying down on my desk, I touch an icon and it reacts nowhere near where I'm touching. Home buttons do the same thing. Pick it up off the desk or unplug it and everything is fine. Very strange.

Trying pinch & zoom with the Dolphin browser is a disaster under this circumstance. I thought people were crazy saying it worked well b/c it was so jumpy (even with the auto-size setting turned off). But then I realized it was actually a touch screen issue. Works fine when I'm not plugged in.

godanigo

Reaction score
Are you using the OEM charger? Also, are you touching the touch screen at an angle? I know when I use my Droid in the dock I forget and go at it at a weird angle, causing similar problems.

Reaction score
I also had this problem with a charger that I ordered from amazon (outside seller, not direct) and the screen sensitivity was completely out of control.

Just got some new cables in from Monoprice, works so much better. No sensitivity. I would highly suggest ordering from Monoprice. Extremely low cost, but great quality.

zeira

Reaction score
I had this problem on the airplane, while using the original cable connected to my laptop which was plugged in. If you search around a bit you can find other people mentioning the same thing, and some solutions, but it didn't work for me. Haven't had problems with it since then.

OP
J

jstbecuz

Reaction score
I've seen it with cables ordered from monoprice and with the original charging cable that came with the phone.

FoFa

Reaction score
I have seen it somewhat lying on it's back. I have had it worse with certain apps running however, or it might be a combination of apps, because I have not been able to limit to a specific app.

cgarnes

Reaction score
I mentioned this same problem in another thread in here. Actually, I am sick of this Droid and it's host of "annoying little issues."

Since I have to make a decision to keep/return this thing BEFORE the Dec 11th software update, I am going to be returning this phone.

There are those who say, "Wait, these issues will be resolved in the upgrade."

I just don't TRUST that they will. I was hoping to find a solution here...