Screen protector not very good

visitgrayling

Reaction score
Screen protectors

Any new thoughts on screen protectors? Trying to decide what to buy. I've been told that even though the cover is glass, it will still scratch without a protector.

jnapo

Reaction score
When I purchased the phone I also purchased the Verizon 3 pack screen protectors. I applied the first one myself. Not so successful. I had some questions so I went back to the Verizon store. At that time I asked the rep how to properly apply the screen protector. She indicated that you really have to be careful installing the protector. She indicated that starting with a clean surface is the most important part of the installation. She used the supplied cleaning cloth and cleaned the screen for a good 2 minutes. Then she wipped in a single direction to assure no particals where on the surface. She applied a new protector being very careful to line up the edges. I can hardly tell it is on the phone. I have no complaints with the product and believe I will continue to use the Verizon product.

Anyone know how long I should expect the protector to last. I realize a lot has to do with how I use the device but there should be an average somewhere.

turbo325ii

Reaction score
When I purchased the phone I also purchased the Verizon 3 pack screen protectors. I applied the first one myself. Not so successful. I had some questions so I went back to the Verizon store. At that time I asked the rep how to properly apply the screen protector. She indicated that you really have to be careful installing the protector. She indicated that starting with a clean surface is the most important part of the installation. She used the supplied cleaning cloth and cleaned the screen for a good 2 minutes. Then she wipped in a single direction to assure no particals where on the surface. She applied a new protector being very careful to line up the edges. I can hardly tell it is on the phone. I have no complaints with the product and believe I will continue to use the Verizon product.

Anyone know how long I should expect the protector to last. I realize a lot has to do with how I use the device but there should be an average somewhere.

You will catch an edge and peel it off by accident taking it in and out of your pocket or something before the plastic could ever wear out...

SlamDroid

Reaction score
Purchased a 6 pack of screen protectors for SlamDroid on eBay. Other than operator errors during installation, they work perfectly and do not interfere with the touch sensitivity at all. I think I paid $6.00, including shipping. I will probably always have a screen protector on, just because I worry about scratching the screen.

alDroid

Reaction score
I bought the 3-pack screen protectors from Verizon for my Moto Droid. After about 2 months of use, I had to remove it due to some very strange behavior... my phone suddenly one day started to spazz out. Apps began launching, and selections were being made on the screen without me doing anything. I completely lost control of the phone - it was unusable. I pulled the battery a couple of times to reset the phone, but the spazzing continued after restart. As a last resort I removed the screen protector, and immediately the strange behavior ceased. I'm guessing something happened where the phone started interpreting the screen protector's contact as tactile selections. It was the strangest thing...

jrdbrn

Reaction score
I bought the Verizon protector and it doesn't affect the touch.

HibsMax

Reaction score
I got my Droid at the weekend and since I scratched my iPhone screen I was keen not to make the same mistake. I cleaned the screen with the cloth and then figured out how to install the protector. I tried a couple of times but there were still bubbles. I managed to squeeze most of them out to the side but there was one long bubble down the edge, almost the full length of the phone. I left it rather than going to protector 2. Later that day I noticed that the protector wasn't on any more, it had fallen off in my pocket. I will try again since people here are saying they work but my first impression is not so good. I really want a good screen protector or maybe I'll have to get a case.

visitgrayling

Reaction score
I have the ghost armor - no problems with sensitivity. Maybe the glass would be strong enough, but I hated to take any chances.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Later that day I noticed that the protector wasn't on any more, it had fallen off in my pocket. I will try again since people here are saying they work but my first impression is not so good. I really want a good screen protector or maybe I'll have to get a case.
Not all screen protectors are the same. I highly recommend reading the threads here and trying ones that sound best suited to you.

I've never had an Invisible Shield nor the Steinheil Crystall just fall off on its own.

Dxun

Reaction score
Just go to Best Buy, or any other place that installs Ghost Armor for you you. I know you can get the Ghost Armor and install yourself, but if you want it done perfet let them do it. Had both my Droids done yesterday, and it's the best addition i made to the phone. I haven't had to wipe my screen sinc i had it done. You can have just the screen done ( which is what i chose to do) or have the entire phone covered.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Never saw the point in a screen protector unless the screen itself is susceptible to actually being scratched. Fingerprints never seem to be a big deal for me as I only ever notice them when the screen is black. My suggestion is to get a suede cloth, my jacket has a material like that and I'll usually just wipe the screen over my arm and it's clean. As for scratches, I've watched a Youtube video where some tard actually performs a scratch test on his own personal Droid with a pair of keys. He was lucky, that screen really doesn't scratch. Lastly, you should have insurance on that phone anyway, in which case, if it becomes damaged, have it replaced.

Dxun

Reaction score
Never saw the point in a screen protector unless the screen itself is susceptible to actually being scratched. Fingerprints never seem to be a big deal for me as I only ever notice them when the screen is black. My suggestion is to get a suede cloth, my jacket has a material like that and I'll usually just wipe the screen over my arm and it's clean. As for scratches, I've watched a Youtube video where some tard actually performs a scratch test on his own personal Droid with a pair of keys. He was lucky, that screen really doesn't scratch. Lastly, you should have insurance on that phone anyway, in which case, if it becomes damaged, have it replaced.

Folks like myself are more concerned with keeping the appearance of their Droid's long-term. They can't be replaced daily with insurance, so keeping this very expensive piece of equiptment looking decent is important to me. You wear the same jacket everday? ;)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
You wear the same jacket everday? ;)

Uh...yeah?

I don't have a screen protector or a case and I've had the phone for nearly 4 months now with not even a scratch on it. If you're paying the $7.99 a month insurance then as far as I know you should be able to replace that thing as much as you want. However if you're so prone to damaging your phone that you'd need to replace it regularly then it's probably inevitable you're going to break it regardless of how much you protect it lol

To each his/her own.