Screen malfunctioning when USB connected

Jamar

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with their screen functioning when they're connected to a PC? When my Droid's connected to my computer and I try using the device, the touch sensors go haywire. It's worse when I mount the SD card. It's nearly impossible for me to use the phone. As I type this with my Droid connected, I'm trying to pull down my notification bar and my app drawer goes up instead. Pressing the home screen button takes me to a random application of my phone's choosing. Takes about 3 to 5 tries to actually exit back to my home screen.

Sharondippity

Reaction score
If it is not original equipment, it sounds like the same problems I read and experienced when using a non original car charger.

Only use original chargers and USB cords.

Hope that helps.

droidwolf

Reaction score
I have had that same problem too. i have been using a charger from sprint with mini usb adapter instead of the one that came in the package, and my screen went completely bonkers. i switched to the connector cable that came with the droid and it fixed the problem.

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
Here's the catch: I am using the original USB cable that came with the phone.

It's been a problem for about a month now and I wanna find a solution before I sell my Droid (I have the Incredible being delivered soon).

killuhjason

Reaction score
Here's the catch: I am using the original USB cable that came with the phone.

It's been a problem for about a month now and I wanna find a solution before I sell my Droid (I have the Incredible being delivered soon).

check to see if your electrical outlet is giving electrical noise, or if your using a generic power cord. my laptop has a generic cord and as soon as I unplug it from my laptop and run off battery, it works just fine.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
VS
:iphone:​