1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen malfunctioning when USB connected

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Jamar, May 4, 2010.

1. Jamar

Jamar New Member

Anyone else have an issue with their screen functioning when they're connected to a PC? When my Droid's connected to my computer and I try using the device, the touch sensors go haywire. It's worse when I mount the SD card. It's nearly impossible for me to use the phone. As I type this with my Droid connected, I'm trying to pull down my notification bar and my app drawer goes up instead. Pressing the home screen button takes me to a random application of my phone's choosing. Takes about 3 to 5 tries to actually exit back to my home screen.
  2. Sharondippity

Sharondippity New Member

If it is not original equipment, it sounds like the same problems I read and experienced when using a non original car charger.

Only use original chargers and USB cords.

Hope that helps.
  3. droidwolf

droidwolf New Member

I have had that same problem too. i have been using a charger from sprint with mini usb adapter instead of the one that came in the package, and my screen went completely bonkers. i switched to the connector cable that came with the droid and it fixed the problem.
  4. Jamar

Jamar New Member

Here's the catch: I am using the original USB cable that came with the phone.

It's been a problem for about a month now and I wanna find a solution before I sell my Droid (I have the Incredible being delivered soon).
  5. killuhjason

killuhjason New Member

check to see if your electrical outlet is giving electrical noise, or if your using a generic power cord. my laptop has a generic cord and as soon as I unplug it from my laptop and run off battery, it works just fine.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
    VS
    :iphone:​
Search tags for this page

mt65xx app drawer go haywire

mt65xx.app

ubs connected is missing from my notification bar on my droi