screen brightness question

mikehal38

Reaction score
Ok so I've tried a lot of different ways to adjust my screen brightness on the fly. I haven't really found anything I like. My question is can I set it to my volume keys? I never use them to adjust my volume anyways so if there is an app that can do this or a wonderful developer who would like to do this I'd definitely send a little donation your way.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Well, did you try going to widgets, and selecting the power control? From there, you can turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, gps, ringer volume, and the screen brightness.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Have you tried weather and Toggle Widgets? Their brightness one gives you a pop-up with increments. I think Dazzle also has that option.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
Yes I've tried widgets but I'm looking for a way that I can adjust my brightness without leaving what I'm doing. I'm currently using quick settings which is pretty goodbut you still have to leave what your doing to adjust the brightness.

rjax

Reaction score
I'd recommend Mini Info -- it has a transparent home screen that lets you access a transparent brightness slider that will pop up over whatever app you have active.

I keep a shortcut to Mini Info in my notification bar using FolderOrganzer so I can start Mini Info without leaving the app I'm in. Alternatively, you could assign Mini Info to start with the camera button using the Button Shortcut app.

You also might be able to make a FolderOrganizer notification bar shortcut directly to Mini Info's transparent brightness slider screen by using a shortcut generator like AnyCut or LancherPro's custom shortcuts.

R3Ds

Developer
Reaction score
Website
r3dsthemes.com
Search the market for droidmania they have a few widgets for free to control brightness, wifi, lockscreen , sound etc...

Sent from R3DMANX.COM/R3Ds

keithsmith22

Reaction score
I use an app called QuickDesk that lets you Double Click the home button and brings up a transparent screen to which you can add widgets/shortcuts to help you take care of that without exiting an app. Just hit the back button and you are back where you started. It has worked wonders for me especially when I forget to turn on my wifi.

rjax

Reaction score
If you decide to use a widget instead of Mini Info, you'll probably want to use QuickDesk or Power Strip to avoid going back to your home screen.

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
So far I'm really liking quickdesk. Thanks for the tip on that one.