Increase brightness in sun?

Thefamous1

Reaction score
I like how the haptic feedback keys appear in dark places and disappear in the sun. Is there a way to do this with the brightness of the screen? If I walk in the sun can I set it to increase the brightness automatically?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you can set the brightness setting to 'automatic'

Menu > Settings > sounds & display > brightness > check automatic!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
your droid should have came with automatic brightness already selected.

just don't block the sensor near the ear speaker

Reaction score
Automatic brightness really doesn't work. Everytime I go outside I have to up the brightness with a widget. Auto is good for dimming but doesn't seem to work in bright light.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Automatic brightness really doesn't work. Everytime I go outside I have to up the brightness with a widget. Auto is good for dimming but doesn't seem to work in bright light.

works pretty well for me when i had it on. The max brightness i put it to now though is 35%, it's plenty bright at that % anyway, for me at least

ConqSoft

Reaction score
35% in bright sunlight and you won't see a thing.

+1 to homemadehitshow; auto-brightness doesn't work well in bright lights. Just add the Power Control Widget to one of your side screens and bump up the brightness when needed.

Reaction score
ConqSoft saved me the time of replying.

I live in California, perhaps the sun is brighter here :) I simply can't even see the screen and had to add an auto widget in the top right corner to magically up the brightness.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
auto brightness not useful?

really? i find it's perfect for me... I never turn the brightness up. almost always set to nothing

LordKastle

Reaction score
Use the Power Management widget if you want to do it manually. There are 3 settings of brightness.

sooperhooper

Reaction score
Mine gets brighter outside everytime, but it acts weird indoors sometimes; it will get darker then lighter then darker without even changing locations.