screen artifacting/flickering

repo_man

Reaction score
I've had this happen two or three times now. Im wondering if it is common or should it be somethig I should warranty. Under moderate use today (20 mins or so of web surfing on the 3g) the screen goes weird. It looks like screen artifacting on a Pc when the graphics card messes up. It washes out on the color, gets stripes, and starts flickering (like what a crt looks like when filmed lol). I turned off the scren and sat the phone down for a few mins and its back to normal. What's up?

Edit: it started doing it again as I finished this post. Closed my browser and went back to the home screen and its fine. Appearently its only doing this with the browser...?

Edit edit: on stock froyo non rooted

beantown06

Reaction score
I had this happen to my dx and called vzw and they gave me a replacement. Look it up on google, there are a few articles floating around that basically states that Motorola produced a bad batch of phones between x date and x date. I literally read that article to the customer service rep at vzw and boom, new dx on my doorstep the next day

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
R

repo_man

Reaction score
Crap. Was hoping that I wouldn't hear something like that. :/ Thanks, I'll google and see what I find. Will definitely be contacting VZW soon then! :(