screen artifacting/flickering

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by repo_man, May 12, 2011.

1. repo_man

repo_man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this happen two or three times now. Im wondering if it is common or should it be somethig I should warranty. Under moderate use today (20 mins or so of web surfing on the 3g) the screen goes weird. It looks like screen artifacting on a Pc when the graphics card messes up. It washes out on the color, gets stripes, and starts flickering (like what a crt looks like when filmed lol). I turned off the scren and sat the phone down for a few mins and its back to normal. What's up?

Edit: it started doing it again as I finished this post. Closed my browser and went back to the home screen and its fine. Appearently its only doing this with the browser...?

Edit edit: on stock froyo non rooted

2. beantown06

beantown06 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this happen to my dx and called vzw and they gave me a replacement. Look it up on google, there are a few articles floating around that basically states that Motorola produced a bad batch of phones between x date and x date. I literally read that article to the customer service rep at vzw and boom, new dx on my doorstep the next day

Sent from my DROIDX

3. repo_man

repo_man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Crap. Was hoping that I wouldn't hear something like that. :/ Thanks, I'll google and see what I find. Will definitely be contacting VZW soon then! :(

Search tags for this page
android background flickering
android screen flickering colors
droid 4 screen keeps flashing colors
droid bionic screen flickering colors
droid razr screen keeps flashing colors
htc sensation blinking screen
htc sensation flickering color screen

htc sensation screen flickering

htc sensation xe screen flickering
htc tb wallpaper flickering