Scanner App?

jtcampbell

Reaction score
Is there some type of application that can be installed on the Moto Droid that would act as a radio scanner?

I am the technical director for an aviation company, and I am always having to carry my radio scanner around, so that I can listen to the control towers for our local jetports, and I was wondering if there was an application that I could program my frequencies into and be able to listen to it as I do with my radio scanner?

I heard that the iPhone or iPod Touch had an application that would do this, and was wondering if it was possible to do so on the Droid.

Technoman

Reaction score
Is there some type of application that can be installed on the Moto Droid that would act as a radio scanner?

I am the technical director for an aviation company, and I am always having to carry my radio scanner around, so that I can listen to the control towers for our local jetports, and I was wondering if there was an application that I could program my frequencies into and be able to listen to it as I do with my radio scanner?

I heard that the iPhone or iPod Touch had an application that would do this, and was wondering if it was possible to do so on the Droid.

There are several "scanner" APPS on the market, but they all point to specific streams that are available to what ever service that they are referring to.

If you know of the APP that is available for the ApplePhone, send the developer an email asking them to develop for the Android platform.

Droid101

Reaction score

There is an app called Policestream in the android market I have it and they have a few Airport feeds I can think of LAX and Orlando international off the top of my head. As you can imagine there are plenty of police,fire and Ems streams too.

OP
jtcampbell

jtcampbell

Reaction score
That sounds what I am looking for. I also use my scanner for Fire/Police/EMS. That is originally what I bought it for years ago, when I was a volunteer firefighter. Now that I am in the aviation business, I use it more for the communications at the jetports.

I will check out that app on the market and see if it will handle my frequencies.

If anyone else knows of a specific app that will run frequencies in the 120 range, let me know.

Droid101

Reaction score
That sounds what I am looking for. I also use my scanner for Fire/Police/EMS. That is originally what I bought it for years ago, when I was a volunteer firefighter. Now that I am in the aviation business, I use it more for the communications at the jetports.

I will check out that app on the market and see if it will handle my frequencies.

If anyone else knows of a specific app that will run frequencies in the 120 range, let me know.

Oh no this app wont pick up on frequencies it streams the feed to your phone. There are a few international airports that I am sure you would like but There is no way to pick up a radio frequency on a cell phone it isn't possible with the hardware inside plus the FCC wont allow it.:)

OP
jtcampbell

jtcampbell

Reaction score
Thanks for the website, I checked it, but it isn't any help for what I am looking for. I have certain frequencies to listen to, and they aren't on that site. Thanks for the web reference though, that is a cool site.