Saving to Incredible or Card?

stanwelks

Reaction score
When saving media to the phone, how does it decide if it is saved to internal built in storage or to the memory card? So far I have mounted it and able to drag media directly to the card, though can you also drag it straight to the internal phone?

kmo

Reaction score
You can set your preferences to save to either SD card or phone for different features. I have my music, photos, some wallpapers set to store on my SD card so I'm not eating up a bunch of my phones memory. It's your choice how you want to manage memory storage.

4nefertiti

Reaction score
Can apps be run from the sd card or do they need to be downloaded to the main memory?

kmo

Reaction score
Right now they go right to the phone memory. With froyo 2.2 this will be an option I believe.

atthehop

Reaction score
Save as much as you can to the SD card, this way if the phone craps out and you need a replacement it's all on the card when you remove it for the new phone.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Save as much as you can to the SD card, this way if the phone craps out and you need a replacement it's all on the card when you remove it for the new phone.

Never thought about it from that angle, but that's a really good reason to save to the card. Thanks.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does accessing the card burn a lot of juice?I know pictures on the phone load faster than on the card and when I access my gallery on the card my battery seems to drain faster. On my previous phones it was suggested save wallpaper, etc on phone for battery savings

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk