save mp3 sound from mms

wickedss

Reaction score
hey there, i just got my incredible yesterday and love it. Just one issue so far. I was sent an mms with an mp3 sound that i would like to save but can't figure out how to do that. what am i missing? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mobilecal

Reaction score
hey there, i just got my incredible yesterday and love it. Just one issue so far. I was sent an mms with an mp3 sound that i would like to save but can't figure out how to do that. what am i missing? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I was able to save sounds to my SD Card using ChompSMS (by touching the file and holding it) which basically replaces your regular messages app.

But make sure you turn off the regular message notifications so you won't get double notifications if you do get ChompSMS

moonnite

Reaction score
two things,

one - the long press, if you hold your finger down for 4-5 seconds you get other menus or options in some places, homescreen and mms (pic/video msg) being two examples

two - your probley on the wrong screen, if your playing the mp3 press the back arrow and on the page before that with the list of your threaded messages do a long press on the message with the mp3 and you should see a save option

hope this helps

jalee7978

Reaction score
I have the Incredible. I can get to the option to save audio, but then I get a message saying "unable to save attachment".

scrappie345

Reaction score
I have the Incredible. I can get to the option to save audio, but then I get a message saying "unable to save attachment".

yesss me too! help please! i downloaded a ringtone from the verizon media store, received the message and i can play the ringtone. when i longpress on the message, message options pop up and i select "save audio" but then i get the same message as the above poster "unable to save attachment" any help?