Samsung’s latest trademark registrations hint at iris scanner for the Galaxy Note 6!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Iris-Scanner.jpg

2 Questions: With all this talk of Iris Scanners.
1. Would you use it?
2. Do you us the Finger Print scanner to open your phones?

We reported last month that there’s a possibility that the Galaxy Note 6 is going to feature an iris scanner. This biometric component has long been rumored for Samsung’s flagship devices but we’ve yet to see it surface in an actual product. Samsung has filed for registration of a couple of trademarks in the EU which suggests that it might finally happen later this year with the Galaxy Note 6.

According to a report, Samsung has filed for registering the “Samsung Iris” and “Samsung Eyeprint” trademarks in the European Union. This clearly hints at the possibility that the company’s upcoming flagship could feature an iris scanner, it’s not a feature that Samsung is likely to debut with a mid-range handset after all. Samsung has obviously confirmed nothing about the Galaxy Note 6 as yet, the handset itself is expected to be launched in August this year.

Source

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't Apple patent the eyeball?
I think I'd use an iris scanner even though I don't use a fingerprint scanner on my Note4. It would depend on how accurate it is.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Wonder why Sammy didn't trademark in the US as well????

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I use the fingerprint scanning function on the S6, it works well for opening and payments. At this point the iris scanner function would possibly be gimmicky, just like the first fingerprint scanners on smartphones.

Also I'm not sure I want my iris scanned at this point... Big bro has fingerprints, I'll keep the iris for now...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Fingerprint on Note 4 is awful. Have no desire for an iris scanner and not sure I want to have to pay for the technology being built in.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk