Samsung WEP870 Headset and Bluetooth Issues

mrredskin

Reaction score
I just received mine last night, and cannot get the music going on it at all. All I hear are little pops of the music being played, and you can't even tell what's playing. This was with the phone within a foot of the bluetooth headset. It seems like this might be an issue with the Droid?

If I can get it to sync correctly, it will literally be one of the coolest pieces of technology I've ever owned.

naman919

Reaction score
that's happened with my Jabra SP700 before. Disconnect them and reconnect. If that still doesn't work, then delete the device in your bluetooth settings on the Droid. Add it again.

Sometimes it's just a wonky connection.

If you've already tried those options then i dunno what to tell you.

kefler

Reaction score
Hey!! someone else with my same problem!! How about just as a voice headset, do you have the same problem I do? I just posted this 2 days ago:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/25288-bluetooth-wont-stay-connected.html

I bought the newegg $18 WEP870 deal listed here. I can pair the headset with my phone fine (it pairs w/o needing to enter a code). In phone mode I can start a call, and it works fine for 3-5 seconds, but the sound degenerates into static very quickly. I realized I have to hold the phone < 6" from the headset for it to work! Any further and the static begins and it disconnects from the phone not long after.

Now, I can pair the same WEP870 w/ my ipod touch and/or laptop and it works 20-30ft away.

Also, my droid has worked great paired via headset profile to my car...

I did try pairing my droid to my laptop with the laptop being a 'headset' and could not get it to work.

Does this mean my droid has some kind of signal strength problem? Anything I could try? I can't see how it could be the headset...

Music pairing says it connects but it never has worked (just some slight pops from the headset and it then disconnects).

nickc321

Reaction score
I had the same problem (among others) which cause me to dump these for a better pair. Usually flipping the switch off and back on would fix it but sometimes I would have to disconnect and reconnect from within the Droid bluetooth settings. It is a pain in the a--; the Droid just doesn't play nicely with this headset for some reason.

gavinsnana

Reaction score
Samsung WEP870

Foung this thread after I posted on another one. I just got my Samsung WEP870 headset. It will not play music, just get popping sound. The manufactures site says it is compatible with the Motorola Droid and that is why I bought them. Is there a setting I have not set yet? I made sure that phone audion and media audio are both checked. Was looking for the solution and can't seem to find. Can somebody point me in the right direction!? Thank you

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
turn off the headseat and then turn it back on. that usually takes care of it for me.

gavinsnana

Reaction score
I tried that also. But it did not work so I ended up giving them to my son who has an Iphone and they worked great for him. He was pleased to get them. :) I will try something else. Thanks for the suggestion.

kefler

Reaction score
HEY!

I had to come back to update here.

My post is above, I never got music to work with the WEP870, and it really never worked as a headset either. Well, this last week, wifi connections got worse and worse until it would just say 'scanning' and never would list ANY SSID's.

I took it to the verizon store, did a battery pull, and then hard reset. Wireless never worked after that. They overnighted me a replacement droid.

The replacement came tonight, and it was a refurb :(. However, I noticed it seems to be a lot faster.. came with 2.1-update1 installed.. but most importantly it works perfectly with the SAME WEP870 I already had! Calls and stereo bluetooth music work perfectly! The headset works great!

So, I don't know if this applies for everybody, but it seems my problem was bad droid hardware.