need help finding a bluetooth headset

krise11385

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this site and new to the moto droid (switched from a storm 2 about a week ago) and I love this phone best I ever had . I'm trying to find a bluetooth headset that will play music through it but I don't want a dual style headset like the moto rocker . I want a nice sounding headset that also has good in call quality . A friend of mine has a "jabra stone" and loves it I tried it and it does play music but the in call quality isn't that great in my opionion . I read the box and it says a2dp supports music. Does that mean every headset with a2dp supports music? I also think the 130$ price tag is a lil steep . Does anyone know of any good quality headsets that support music that aren't so expensive ? Thanks any info will be much appreciated .still gettin used to the phone sorry for any mistakes.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this site and new to the moto droid (switched from a storm 2 about a week ago) and I love this phone best I ever had . I'm trying to find a bluetooth headset that will play music through it but I don't want a dual style headset like the moto rocker . I want a nice sounding headset that also has good in call quality . A friend of mine has a "jabra stone" and loves it I tried it and it does play music but the in call quality isn't that great in my opionion . I read the box and it says a2dp supports music. Does that mean every headset with a2dp supports music? I also think the 130$ price tag is a lil steep . Does anyone know of any good quality headsets that support music that aren't so expensive ? Thanks any info will be much appreciated .still gettin used to the phone sorry for any mistakes.

In BT headset you REALLY get what you pay for. I have the Jabra 8040 and it supports music and has good in-phone quality. It's a bit outdated so you can get it for <$75 if you shop around. Most newer models with 'good quality' will run $100+. Just the nature of the devices. That's the only of my 4 BT's that I know plays music (I don't use the feature but the Jabra had an annoying habit on my WM of forcing the settings).

bllarkin

Reaction score
A2DP is stereo bluetooth, and, as far as I know, this is required for music playback. Most headsets are going to be pushing $75+ for that capability. I don't know a lot about the selection that supports that, I ordered the Motorokr S305 headset when it was on sale at Verizon.

tincup703

Reaction score
If you want to look at something a little different, check out the Jabra BT3030. It looks like a dog tag that you wear around your neck on a chain and you plug your regular earbuds into it.

It controls your music player and also will make and receive calls. The sound quality is good and you don't have the typical "look" of having a BT device sticking out of your ear. Best part is it's only about $50 but kinda hard to find.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use a [FONT=&quot]Sony DRBT100CX Ear Bud set. I has worked really well for calls and, most importantly, for listening to my audiobooks and music.
[/FONT]

OP
krise11385

krise11385

Reaction score
Hey I ended up buying the jabra stone and I'm very happy with it so far the call quality seems really well it plays my music the music isn't as loud as I would like but loud enough I still can hear it. I bought it at local store And payed 130$ . I really appreciate the feedback from all of u I'm new to this site and this was my first post. I looked at all the headsets. U all suggested and I still can return the stone but one thing I like about is that I came with acharging station that will charge the headset without being plugged in (after the dock itself is charged) so u don't have to worry about it dieing if ur not gna be home for a while as long as u have the dock with u. But thanks for all the info I appreciate it. Now I just have to find a case holster combo that will work well and not makw the phone to big and bulky.

bjdeboer

Reaction score
I am using the Jabra Stone and i like the mic and in call quality. however, i am having trouble with the functions it is supposed to perform with the button. the voice dialing feature is not working. has anyone had a similar problem or am i missing a set up setting.

its a great device other than that and i got it for $50 on shopcell.com

macdaddy1

Reaction score
great inexpensive BT headset

I bought these on a whim and am extremely happy with them. Awesome awesome song sound plenty loud enough and great in call audio and mic.
Almost bose like noise canceling and for 30$ and free shipping you could spend the other 100$ on case screen covers etc.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/bhm20.html

RXX

Reaction score
Jabra BT3030

I have owned the Jabra BT3030 since early April and can give it glowing reviews. I use it on my motorcycle and when I am on my tractor mostly. I have it connected via Etymotic ER 6i earphones (they go into the ear canal and act as noise suppressors also.
The battery life is very good, I think I went 9 hours straight on one trip. The device hangs on a chain around your neck. I wish the chain were a bit longer though.
The microphone works well enough, I do not have any point of comparison. I have not used it while riding motorcycle but have carried on a conversation on the tractor with engine idling.
The ONLY problem I have encountered is that when the call is terminated, my music selection starts skipping very badly, and I have to cycle the thing on/off to break the cycle. Don't know why. Any suggestions? Oh, you can control some functions on the droid's music program with the device.
Oh, and two other things:
You can purchase them through Dino Direct for less than $30, and
I do not think Jabra supports the device anymore. Not a good sign.