Samsung Pokes Fun at Apple Maps in Australia with 'Stranded Vehicle' Demonstrations

52brandon

Reaction score
I don't think I would blindly follow directions from my phone out into the wilderness. Still, this is funny as hell. ;)
I live in Phoenix, AZ. There are stretches of highway between here and LA/SD/Vegas/basically anywhere, where you can go an hour and see nothing. I could see being on the highway for an hour in the middle of nowhere thinking everything is fine. But when the road turns to dirt, that might raise a red flag or 2 lol
This is funny but my only problem with Samsung Galaxy series phones is that a lot of people at work have them and I would say the majority of the time I see them using the phone with a cracked screen after one drop. Since they're stuck with a contract they can't replace the phone without paying $100-$150 for the insurance deductible and aren't eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. Samsung needs to focus on making the outer casing more durable; what's the point of having an awesome phone if you have to put a case on it to be sure it doesn't brake. Just my 2¢.
agreed. Durability IS an issue. My GNEX has been more durable than my TBolt was though. Plus, I think their release of their "unbreakable" screen next year should address those issues as it stands
this is the one reason I prefer moto... their phones are just tough....
they sure the hell are. But the locked down BS made me leave Moto. I loved my Droid, and was looking forward to the Bionic sooo much until I heard they wouldn't have the bootloader unlockable

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
they sure the hell are. But the locked down BS made me leave Moto. I loved my Droid, and was looking forward to the Bionic sooo much until I heard they wouldn't have the bootloader unlockable

Which is exactly why I'm moving to the galaxy note 2. I love moto durability in just really really tired of the locked bootloader

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
they should have also set one up in cupertino, california.
This is funny but my only problem with Samsung Galaxy series phones is that a lot of people at work have them and I would say the majority of the time I see them using the phone with a cracked screen after one drop. Since they're stuck with a contract they can't replace the phone without paying $100-$150 for the insurance deductible and aren't eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. Samsung needs to focus on making the outer casing more durable; what's the point of having an awesome phone if you have to put a case on it to be sure it doesn't brake. Just my 2¢.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100283791/Samsung039s_New_Galaxy_Phone_May_Have_Unbreakable_Screen

Last edited:

52brandon

Reaction score
Which is exactly why I'm moving to the galaxy note 2. I love moto durability in just really really tired of the locked bootloader

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.
yup. I'm hoping they learn before it does irreparable damage. Rooting has become so popular that it should be a noticeable loss to their fan-base

killuhjason

Reaction score
exif data

Anyone else notice the picture in the post was taken with an Iphone 4? ;P