Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 'solid beast of a device' in Bend Test Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s7-edge-bend-test.jpg

YouTube vlogger, JerryRigEverything, recently got his hands on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone. He did his usual torture test on the device, determining what happens from scratching, heat and bending. Overall it faired very well, especially in the bend test.

Although he determined that bending does compromise the water-resistant seal on the back of the phone, he called the Galaxy S7 Edge a "solid beast of a device." Check out his full video in the thread below.

Here's our Galaxy S7 Edge section: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge bend test:

Reactions: cr6

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do we really care what this guy thinks/does?
Still not scientific or controlled.
No timing for flame. No pressure control for scratch test, etc.....

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
this guy is a moron... why, why do people keep watching his ridiculous videos.

"Oh look at me, I'm gonna hold a bic lighter to the phone, it's a fire test... oh I'm gonna hulk out on the device and try to bend it... but I'm really not trying that hard."

SMFH this guy is an idiot.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Each 1k views on YouTube he makes $1. So 1 million views bring him $1000 = free phone + change.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I don't get the bic lighter bs, but watching someone else beat the hell out of a device so I'll have a better idea just what it's capable of handling, is informative to me. Sure I'm never going to take a knife to my $700 flagship, but finding out exactly what kind of abuse it can take before I purchase a device, I'm fine with.
Funny how everyone loved watching the Turbo drop from a drone, (something completely unrealistic), yet THIS is ridiculous? LOL!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I don't get the bic lighter bs, but watching someone else beat the hell out of a device so I'll have a better idea just what it's capable of handling, is informative to me. Sure I'm never going to take a knife to my $700 flagship, but finding out exactly what kind of abuse it can take before I purchase a device, I'm fine with.
Funny how everyone loved watching the Turbo drop from a drone, (something completely unrealistic), yet THIS is ridiculous? LOL!
That's not that unrealistic. Maybe your camera on your phone is better than the one on the drone and you want to use it. Or maybe you want to live-stream your drone flight straight from your phone.

Heck, there's a video on my youtube channel right now where I put my 6P on my tripod and strapped the tripod into the back of my truck. Had the clamp holding it on the tripod given out, I would've tested it's toughness while plowing.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I should say, your average person isn't going to use their smartphone in drone filming, they'll use a gopro or similar camera.
But good point JK.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I should say, your average person isn't going to use their smartphone in drone filming, they'll use a gopro or similar camera.
But good point JK.
The average person doesn't take a lighter to their phone or compete in strong-man competitions like the guy who makes these particular videos either. Him barely trying = me busting an artery trying so hard.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
All I care is that's my keys don't scratch the glass when the phone is in my pocket...
The S5 fares well...