Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's a spec comparison chart of Samsung's new flagship Galaxy S4 vs HTC's latest super phone the HTC One:

s4_one.png

Source: Techno Buffalo

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I like some things about the HTC One, but it has some negatives for me.

No SD expansion.
Non-removable battery. I've had 2 batteries for every phone that I have ever owned, simple or smart.
JB 4.1.2 instead of 4.2.2. Will it ever get 4.2.2? I'm still waiting for ICS on my Inc 2. :(

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I like some things about the HTC One, but it has some negatives for me.

No SD expansion.
Non-removable battery. I've had 2 batteries for every phone that I have ever owned, simple or smart.
JB 4.1.2 instead of 4.2.2. Will it ever get 4.2.2?

Same here. As much as I love the HTC One design, those reasons right there is why I will be going with the S4.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to do specs side by side of galaxy s4, HTC one, LG Optimus g and Sony xperia z.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I never stop laughing over all critiques of "design". 98% of users are going to slap a case on these things, anyway, and then 95% of the phone you actually see is just screen.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I never stop laughing over all critiques of "design". 98% of users are going to slap a case on these things, anyway, and then 95% of the phone you actually see is just screen.

You must be speaking from personal experience on that 98%. I would say cases are 50% amongst my friends. I occasionally use a case when I do something active, but go naked 90% of the time.
This poll from Android central backs me up

http://m.androidcentral.com/late-night-poll-phone-cases-yea-or-nay

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

All my smartphones get dressed in a case, always have always will, plus the plastic helps keep the phone light as possible, heck the S4 is lighter than the S3, with a bigger screen, and thank you Samsung for keeping the home button.On another note HTC should just put a lid on it, I guess that's what happens when desperation kicks in. No removable battery and no SD card support is what has kept me and many others far away from this company, and their slow as snails software updates, heck their new flagship the ONE is being released with 4.1.2 while the S4 will run 4.2.2, and what's with that flip board clone home screen anyways.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

I feel the same way and "build quality"

You must be speaking from personal experience on that 98%. I would say cases are 50% amongst my friends. I occasionally use a case when I do something active, but go naked 90% of the time.
This poll from Android central backs me up

http://m.androidcentral.com/late-night-poll-phone-cases-yea-or-nay

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

at work.. 100% of people with a smartphone have a case... excluding me.. I'm a nudie.. and still build quality and design are hardly any kind of priority