Samsung Galaxy S3 No Signal

MilGoe10

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 (originally T-Mobile) that I use with Straight Talk I have a SIM card in it from the BYOP program. It is not getting any signal/service.

I have verified that it's still unlocked, not blacklisted, the SIM works in my other phone as well but I ordered a new SIM anyway and that SIM works in both phones so it is not the SIM. I have done a factory reset but still nothing. I have also taken the battery out, put it back in, and turned phone on but it didn't work.. I have done all the steps that Straight Talk suggest. I also checked and I still have an IMEI number. I have done a software update.

Sometimes the phone will have 4G but then seconds later it will go back to no service/signal and say searching on the unlock screen. The icon at the top is a circle with a slash through it. When I try to make a call when it has that icon it says mobile network not available. My APN settings have been updated and are correct and airplane mode is not on. I have GSM/WCDMA only selected and have tried switching to the other two but still nothing. This might not be important but my Wi-Fi does still work. My girlfriend has the same phone and has no problems getting signal. Mobile network is selected.. I have no idea what else I can try I'm getting so frustrated.

Can anyone help? I am so tired of having basically a paper weight!!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

How long do you have this phone? Did you buy it new?

OP
M

MilGoe10

Reaction score
I have had the phone since March 3rd but had to wait for a SIM card so didn't actually start using it until 4-5 days after receiving. I bought it used off of ebay but it was in perfect condition and ESN was clean and ready for activation.

Welcome to the Forum.

How long do you have this phone? Did you buy it new?