[Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2] In a bricky situation

A

Alderzan

Hey guys. So I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I rooted my phone using framaroot and I also had installed clockworkmod there as well while it was rooted.

So then I tried to flash a Kit Kat ROM which didn't work well for my phone. I was able to bring it back to life via Odin.

So then I did a factory reset to try and return my phone back to stock after I had unrooted my phone. I deleted all my installed apps and no matter how many times I did a factory reset it would still have the same settings.

So then I'm guessing that I tried to flash a different ROM or what I thought was the right stock ROM to return things to normal, but now (after attempting to install another stock ROM), my phone won't even boot up to the Samsung logo. The yellow triangle still flashes when I turn it on.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Can you boot into download mode?
What model is your phone?

OP
A

Alderzan

Can you boot into download mode?
What model is your phone?

My model is the Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 [SPH-M840UWABST]

Yes. I can boot into Download mode. I've already put the Koumajutsu CWM recovery using Odin and the Download mode.

I've also tried flashing these odexed and deodexed stock roms. It says that they've installed, but when I boot up after flashing them, the yellow triangle still appears, and only shows a blanks screen after the first Samsung logo.

OP
A

Alderzan

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 and Ring are very similar (since they both run off of Sprints CDMA signal) so most of what works for one works for the other. That ROM you send me doesn't exist at that link any more.

Here is some other info:

When I use the recovery it says:

E: Can't open /tmp/recovery.log

right when I boot into it.

I am also unable to mount /data and /preload.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
You need to return to complete stock! And start fresh! I will go look for an image file....

Maybe try restoring using kies in download mode