Samsung Galaxy Note II Getting Rave Reviews

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-gnote-and-gnote2.jpeg

The Samsung Galaxy Note II was just reviewed over at Engadget, and they had some fantastic things to say about the device. For some the Note 2 might seem a bit too large, but for other this will be the perfect hybrid device to maximize your productivity and pleasure. Here's a quote from the Engadget review with a final summary,

To answer the question we posed at the beginning of this review, this thing is the real deal, and it's decisively better than the device that began the whole phablet craze. With SIM-free versions starting in the ballpark of £530, it's a bit on the pricey side, but for good reason: it offers best-in-market performance, an S Pen experience that blows its predecessor out of the water, a solid OS in Jelly Bean and plenty of other features that will make this a tempting offer to even the most petite-handed individual. To do so in a package that's actually thinner and narrower than the first Note is a tremendous accomplishment, and one that'll be hard to match. Get ready to have your cake and eat it too.

Those are some strong words in favor of the device. The review is very thorough and highlights a huge plethora of features and functions on the new phone. It is definitely worth a read. For those looking to grab the device when it hits their respective retail stores, the review suggests you will be making a wise choice.

Source: Note2Forum via Engadget

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Is this the same version's we will see in the states or do we have to wait on a US specific?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My Dad has the first Note and I find it just uncomfortable to use. The pen is nice for its precision but I am so used to a touch screen, its not that big to me. My dad on the other hand who is a first time smart phone user uses it a lot since he is used to writing things down.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
now that was a detailed review.. wow... its great... glad it has loudspeakers.. locks GPS fast.. bands 7 and 20 will be useful globally for me.. 10hrs of looping video with wifi on is respectable.... and all the other great goodies ive read already

but other reviews have said its useless in sunlight and engadget says its fine... I'll have to wait and see on personal experience

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dorian

Reaction score
Is this the same version's we will see in the states or do we have to wait on a US specific?

There are two versions of the Note II. One with an Intel XGold HSPA+ baseband for the international market, and another with a Qualcomm MDM9615 LTE/HSPA/CDMA/1X baseband for the LTE markets.

All Note II variants will use Exynos 4412 and have 2GB of RAM though. Along with a Wolfson WM1811 DAC and an upcoming Voodoo Audio port.

eworldtech

Reaction score
Someone I know just one here in the UK. It's very slick. Makes my galaxy S3 look small. Viewing websites and videos is really what justifies the bigger screen. Did not play with the s-pen that much, but from I have read it's a great way to interact with the phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Ok Ive been excited for this device long before it was even announced. Verizon take my money!

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the US-variants (Verizon specifically) will come with GLONASS capability as the international variants do? The idea of two "GPS" systems makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :happy3:

Dorian

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the US-variants (Verizon specifically) will come with GLONASS capability as the international variants do? The idea of two "GPS" systems makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :happy3:

Yes. All variants will have GLONASS support.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Dorian said:
There are two versions of the Note II. One with an Intel XGold HSPA+ baseband for the international market, and another with a Qualcomm MDM9615 LTE/HSPA/CDMA/1X baseband for the LTE markets.

All Note II variants will use Exynos 4412 and have 2GB of RAM though. Along with a Wolfson WM1811 DAC and an upcoming Voodoo Audio port.

Cool this maybe the device to invest towards.