Samsung Announces Gear VR with Controller

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
C5nV5MzVUAERAPx.jpg:large

Samsung's Gear VR has been one of the most successful Virtual Reality headsets having shipped more than 5 million units. My family and I love our Gear VR headset. The only problem I have ever found with the Gear VR has been the clunky controls located on the top side of the unit. I find myself clicking the wrong button and having to find the back button to get back to my previous screen. Samsung has decided to solve this problem.

They just announced at their Mobile World Congress press event that the Gear VR will soon ship with stand alone controller. The controller will allow for easier interaction with VR apps and games. There is even a trigger for better interactions with first person shooter games. The controller includes a wrist strap so you can let go of it when you are watching a video, and allows for prolonged use. You can get 40 days of use out of the AAA batteries that are required to use the controller. The new VR is compatible with Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+, S6, and S6 Edge. The new Gear VR should launch alongside the Galaxy S8.

Valvoline

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be a stand-alone version developed to be compatible with the old VR (wired of course)