Samsing Fascinate or HTC Thunderbolt?

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I am switching from AT&T due to no 3G in the area. Verizon only has 3G no 4G in site, so which phone would you recommend?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Well, if no 4G, i'd get the Droid X.
Or if your willing to spend more, the X2.

There aren't a lot of differences between the two, but if you have a high budget, I'd get the X2.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Might as well get the Charge. It has same internals as fascinate but in addition it has a bigger screen, hdmi out, physical buttons and 4g. I have a fascinate though and it is pretty sweet once rooted.

I cant speak for TB, looks cool. More ram and faster than Charge and Fascinate but it is having some battery and reboot problems righr now. I am sure a TB owner can tell you more about ups and downs of TB.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the x2 also looks pretty good. Look at the reviews on all these phones at phonearena, engadget, droidlife, etc

Sent from my fascinate

diverbelow

Reaction score
Where I live, there is no 4G according to Verizon, but I went in to a Verizon store to check out the Droid Charge, and the phone was showing 4G. The rep said that certain parts of SW Washington does have live 4G.

At this time, the TBolt is having way too many issues and the battery life will last only couple of hours (depending on how heavy you use the phone). The positive about the TBolt is that it can do voice and data at the same time on 3G.

I bought the Droid Charge and I love how the screen works. In daylight I can see what is on the screen. I dislike Touchwiz so I installed launcher pro and my battery life has improved.

Remember that you have only 14 days to try out a phone with Verizon.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you get any lag with the Charge at all?

Sent from my fascinate

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I talked to AT&T and they claim we'll have 3G this summer. Would anyone recommend the HTC Inspire? It's free at best buy right now

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Inspire looks ok. Same specs as TB. But I would be weary of atts network, not so well rated. I would check out an att droid forum. We mostly only know about verizon droids here.

Sent from my fascinate

kristoff125

Reaction score
My wife has a fascinate, and with all the problems I've been having (it might just be a lemon) but I'd recommend a bullet to the head before getting a fascinate, that in mind, wait for their summer lineup as I hear it's gonna be beast, a new phone is launching tomorrow (or so the rumors say).

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
LG Revolution is launching tomorrow...but I dont think its a really good device.

Sent from my fascinate