what to get droid x or thunderbolt?

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
one thing that has me a lil concerned is the battery life because it really seems like it doesnt seem like it will even make a full day without having to plug it into the charger all the time.... that would be really annoying i would like some people to shine in and give me a rough idea to how much battery life they get out of there thunderbolt thank you.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DEF not as strong as the DX in terms of battery life goes. On 3G, I get between 10-12 hours on a charge, depending on how much I use it.

one thing that has me a lil concerned is the battery life because it really seems like it doesnt seem like it will even make a full day without having to plug it into the charger all the time.... that would be really annoying i would like some people to shine in and give me a rough idea to how much battery life they get out of there thunderbolt thank you.

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

mkjellgren

Reaction score
The thunderbolt has just as good of battery life at the x or any other Android phone for that matter as long as you have it set up right. 4g drains tons of battery so you just have to make sure you turn off 4g when you dont need it. If you have a ton of apps that update in the background any smart phone will suffer in the battery life department. I have no problem getting 12+ hours of medium to heavy use out of my tbolt. You just have to be smarter than your phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L

ComputerBlue

Reaction score
How are you "turning off" 4G? I thought the only way to do that on the Thunderbolt was to wrestle off the batter cover, pull the battery, and then finally remove the SIM card.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
How are you "turning off" 4G? I thought the only way to do that on the Thunderbolt was to wrestle off the batter cover, pull the battery, and then finally remove the SIM card.

Nope. Pulling the sim renders the phone useless as all of the radios other than WiFi are dependent on the sim on the tbolt. You turn off 4g by dialing *#*#4363#*#* and selecting "cdma auto (prl)" or by downloading the "phone info" app which basically dials the number for you. It's pretty straight forward. It just brings you to the testing menu.

Sent from my ADR6400L

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
well im pretty much kinda settled on buying hte thunderbolt but one thing i did notice teh price is 249 at the verizon store and on amazon its like 174 which is 70 bucks more difference but teh only issue i would see with buying it on amazon is that i cant exchange it if i do not like the phone or have an issue with it.... someone shine a little light on this

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Be VERY cautious with vendors (ie Wal-Mart, Wirefly, etc), most tie you into TWO 2 year agreements (one with them, the other with VZW). That means two Early Termination Fees as well. Verizon's alone is $350.

well im pretty much kinda settled on buying hte thunderbolt but one thing i did notice teh price is 249 at the verizon store and on amazon its like 174 which is 70 bucks more difference but teh only issue i would see with buying it on amazon is that i cant exchange it if i do not like the phone or have an issue with it.... someone shine a little light on this

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
so would it just be better to just buy it straight from VZW than saving 70 bucks?

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
Be VERY cautious with vendors (ie Wal-Mart, Wirefly, etc), most tie you into TWO 2 year agreements (one with them, the other with VZW). That means two Early Termination Fees as well. Verizon's alone is $350.

taht is something i didnt know if i bought through amazon i would be stuck in two 2 yr agreements... i would rather not be stuck into 2 agreements... i kinda guess its better just to buy it from VZW than amazon and places like these