S Voice's Voice Prompt Not Working

Jake Benson

Reaction score
S Voice on my gs3 will not stay enabled. Sometimes the voice prompt will work, other times its just a text message. I need the voice prompt to make calls with my bluetooth. When I say, "Call John," for example, I need S Voice to confirm with a "Calling John." Otherwise, I don't know if the correct number is being called without taking my phone out and checking the screen. This can be extremely irritating, especially while driving, not to mention unsafe.

How do I get the voice prompt to stay enabled? I know there is a button to the left at the bottom. The first time I clicked it it said Voice Prompt must be enabled for it to work. It then said "click here" not to see this message again, which I did. I don't know if that button enables Voice Prompt or not, but when I push it, nothing happens.

OP
J

Jake Benson

Reaction score
S Voice on my gs3 will not stay enabled. Sometimes the voice prompt will work, other times its just a text message. I need the voice prompt to make calls with my bluetooth. When I say, "Call John," for example, I need S Voice to confirm with a "Calling John." Otherwise, I don't know if the correct number is being called without taking my phone out and checking the screen. This can be extremely irritating, especially while driving, not to mention unsafe.&nbsp;<br><br>How do I get the voice prompt to stay enabled? I know there is a button to the left at the bottom. The first time I clicked it it said Voice Prompt must be enabled for it to work. It then said "click here" not to see this message again, which I did. I don't know if that button enables Voice Prompt or not, but when I push it, nothing happens.

OP
J

Jake Benson

Reaction score
S Voice on my gs3 will not stay enabled. Sometimes the voice prompt will work, other times its just a text message. I need the voice prompt to make calls with my bluetooth. When I say, "Call John," for example, I need S Voice to confirm with a "Calling John." Otherwise, I don't know if the correct number is being called without taking my phone out and checking the screen. This can be extremely irritating, especially while driving, not to mention unsafe.

How do I get the voice prompt to stay enabled? I know there is a button to the left at the bottom. The first time I clicked it it said Voice Prompt must be enabled for it to work. It then said "click here" not to see this message again, which I did. I don't know if that button enables Voice Prompt or not, but when I push it, nothing happens.

Last edited:

kaylesworth

Reaction score
Yes that button enables/disables Voice Prompt. If it's the face with )) after it it is enabled. If it is the face with a slashed circle it is disabled.

OP
J

Jake Benson

Reaction score
Thanks. Samsung, at least their "live chat", doesn't have a clue. They were wanting me to do a hard reset and lose all contacts, info. etc. I refused. But I still don't why the voice prompt keeps disabling after I enable it.

kaylesworth

Reaction score
I have only played with it a little. Haven't had it shut off on me, but I only have it up for a few minutes at a time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2