running watchdog app on htc one m8

gamermole

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc one m8
Hello I am running watchdog app in aggressive mode to see what is using my cpu and I left my phone....when I came back I found that the three app had launched quickly followed by talkback ( which I have as turned off) then ran my calender my Google + and then kidmode.

Along with a few com.Google services...

What is causing this or is this normal phone behaviour?

I didn't run any of those in the pic and I don't even have a Google hangouts account but do these things run in the background anyway?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-15-20-28-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-15-20-28-38.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 193

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The ones on that list don't seem to be at the root of your battery problems. And the other items sound like more or less normal Android activity.

I would look at anything giving you notifications like Mail. How bad is the battery life?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Background is using no cpu, thus no battery being used.
I have an alert set on my Watch Dog to show when apps reach above a certain threshold. Android System jumps above 60% (what the alert is set at ) about a half dozen times a day when the phone is idle but I'm not seeing any battery effects, getting great battery life on this Note4.
If you're having battery issues and your reception is good try targeting wake locks. They'll help you find the battery vampire faster than cpu monitoring. Gsam is a good app for finding wake lock problems.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><