CPU Hogs - Which apps are the beasts?

pbdroid

Reaction score
I read the sticky about not needing to worry about what apps are running in the background (awesome info) ...

But, I've noticed at times, my phone will sputter step (even OC'd at 800) and I check my System Panel and see my CPU is running at almost full bore. I start closing apps and it drops and phone returns to normal whiplash speed.

Am I dilusional or is there something to this? And if I'm not dilusional, what apps/processes have you identified that hog the CPU?

P

Last edited:

gruve

Reaction score
I noticed Homerun Baseball 3D takes up a lot of the CPU and the back of the phone gets very warm, almost to the point of hot or a mini heater.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Google Earth siphons resources, but I love her

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the Market there is an app called Auto Memory. This sort of allows you to tell Droids Memory how fast it should kill processes. That's the best way I can describe it to you.

You can fool around with the bottom 3 items but don't mess with the upper ones. It's a better alternative then task killer. You may want to search for more info or check it out at the Market. I've been running it since yesterday evening with empty applications at 70 mb, content provider 57 mb and hidden applications at 52 mb.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Nothing is as bad as Robo Defense. I've seen 160F after 100 levels. True story.