Running Android Apps In Chrome

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There are plenty of times when I wished that I could play a certain Android game or use a certain Android app on my MacBook or PC. Games like Clash Of Clans could benefit from a nice big screen, and the use of a mouse. Now you can run Android games and apps on your PC or Mac thanks to ARC Welder for Chrome.

1. Grab the latest version of Chrome
2. Instal ARC Welder app from the Chrome App Store
3. Grab the APKs you would like to run from your browser with APK Downloader
4. Open Google Chrome and launch ARC Welder
5. choose a directory
6. Click the add your apk button to load the app
7. Head to the folder where you downloaded the app selecting it
8. Chose the appropriate settings for your PC or Mac and click launch app

Not all apps are guarunteed to work this way, but this works well with the apps that do happen to be compatible.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wonder if this would work on a Chromebook. Would like to give my daughter a few apps on her Chromebook instead of her using my phone.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
downloading now to my chromebook. i'll update once complete. it says in the description that it has a much larger download for initial download. i'm at 75MB right now.

Edit: it finished somewhere just over 100MB (didn't watch it to closely)
Starts up fine, downloading an apk right meow

Well it starts up the program on my chromebook, any specific apk you want me to test? It doesn't run ingress, but i didnt expected it too...

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
downloading now to my chromebook. i'll update once complete. it says in the description that it has a much larger download for initial download. i'm at 75MB right now.

Edit: it finished somewhere just over 100MB (didn't watch it to closely)
Starts up fine, downloading an apk right meow

Well it starts up the program on my chromebook, any specific apk you want me to test? It doesn't run ingress, but i didnt expected it too...

Nah, knowing it works is enough for me. We're on vacation this week so I'll give it a shot when we get back home. Thanks!