[Rumors] Next Galaxy named SGS3 by Samsung Exec; Another Supposed Leaked Pic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S3-leak-maybe.JPG

As you can see above we have another supposedly leaked pic of the "Next Galaxy" product from Samsung. This one is actually pretty good as it seems to fit all the rumors we have heard previously. The display goes almost all the way to the edge, it has a physical home key, it has the two capacitive buttons. It even has that pseudo-Galaxy Nexus rounded design. It seems pretty convincing, but your guess is as good as ours as to whether this is the real deal or just a really good fake.

Regardless, our second bit of news is that the Galaxy S 3 name is all but confirmed, although things could still change. Here's a quote with the details,

In fact, Samsung's VP Robert Yi all but confirmed the naming scheme yesterday at the quarterly results conference call with the slip of the tongue “We are anticipating very strong demand of Galaxy S3”, so at least that guessing game seems to be over now.

I don't think most of us care if the phone will be called the SGS3 or the Next Galaxy... it will be a great relief to finally see it finally launched in about a week.

Source: PhoneArena

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Looks like a Galaxy Nexus with hardware buttons and Samsung branding.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats just a nexus....I dont think google would let them use the same design.

Agreed. I think this is simply a decent fake, but I just report the news... I don't decide it.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
If there is a "Rumor" section for news on this forum, why are "Rumors" still being posted in the News section?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there is a "Rumor" section for news on this forum, why are "Rumors" still being posted in the News section?

The rumor section is for no-staff members to post rumored news. Sometimes, if the story is big enough, it makes the front page, especially if there are some parts of the story that could turn out to be accurate.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
The rumor section is for no-staff members to post rumored news. Sometimes, if the story is big enough, it makes the front page, especially if there are some parts of the story that could turn out to be accurate.
Oh ok sounds good.