[Rumor] Verizon Won't Get Moto Maker for New Moto X Until September 26th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-maker-new-moto-x.png

Just as predicted (and just like they did before), it looks like AT&T is getting a timed Moto Maker exclusive on the new Moto X. A new rumor suggests Verizon won't get the Moto Maker customized version of the device until September 26th. No other info has been presented at this time regarding Sprint and T-Mobile in all of this, but if this rumor holds true, we expect them to be later as well.

We will keep you updated if this gets corroborated or refuted. Here's a link to Moto Maker.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Instead of looking... Is it still confirmed vzw won't have a developer edition? The att pure edition has CDMA capabilities but I don't know if it works.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Verizon confirmed they won't get the Pure Edition. Of course, they could change their mind, but we doubt it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Knew AT&T would have an exclusive timed deal for a bit. Just glad it's not too much longer.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
9 days isn't that long to wait. Heck I went from March to Sept waiting for the 360!

Reactions: cr6

mcraeh

Reaction score
How does the Moto Maker work exactly? When I go to the Verizon website, there isn't an option for the customized version of Moto X (last year's). Is that because they are discontinued? I was just wondering if you order the phone from Verizon or directly from Motorola and then take it to Verizon for activation? How does it work? I went into the Verizon store today to ask, and they didn't even know about the new Moto X, told me they hadn't heard a peep about it, and weren't even sure if they would carry it. I knew more about it than they did, and I was at least hoping they would know when they were getting it.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
But should this be considered an exclusive though? Last year VZW launched the Moto X and it took a few weeks to gain access to MotoMaker. DroidLife had reported from "reliable" sources that VZW wasn't launching the new X until the 25th anyhow. But I guess the time between their particular launches could be seen as an exclusive for AT&T, though be it a very short one.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia