[RUMOR] Verizon Delays Release of the Droid RAZR HD

n2imagination

Reaction score
Two thoughts:
1) This phone has never had a "release date", not even a rumored one, so I don't see how it can possibly be "delayed".
2) Motorola must know that they have many customers who are trying to decide between the Razr HD and the SGS3. They should throw those folks some kind of a bone. A pre-order website, a release date...something! How many people would pass up the SGS3 if they had a solid release date--or even confirmed specs--for the Razr HD? I would...but I don't want to wait all summer. Never mind the unlimited data tango...just tell me when I can expect to see this still-mythical Razr HD!

+_1000 on that "throwing us a bone"! I truly would rather have this phone but if they do not release it before Verizon sets the tiered data force over date then I will be getting the SGS3! I'm looking to upgrade now to keep my grandfather data until next phone up. I think this is Verizons call not HTC IMO. Verizon may be giving priority to the SGS3.

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
+_1000 on that "throwing us a bone"! I truly would rather have this phone but if they do not release it before Verizon sets the tiered data force over date then I will be getting the SGS3! I'm looking to upgrade now to keep my grandfather data until next phone up. I think this is Verizons call not HTC IMO. Verizon may be giving priority to the SGS3.

HTC? Where do they come into play?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mgrande

Reaction score
It is too bad that there is no HTC One X, with a larger battery preferably, coming to Verizon.

Id love a one x with a 3300 mah battery! I really like the new sense.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

hotice

Reaction score
So based on this:
DROID RAZR HD Stops by Nenamark for a Benchmark, Snapdragon S4 Processor on Board – Droid Life
and this:
Exclusive: First Pictures of the Motorola DROID RAZR HD – Droid Life
I think it looks awesome! I was hoping for an Adreno 320 but, at least at this point, it's only an Adreno 225. That's still excellent though and I'm just glad it has the 28nm die size and huge 3300mAH battery like the Maxx. This should have better battery life than any other smartphone easily! I also like the all Kevlar backing. The one picture also shows that it has a MicroHDMI port! I wanted that and expected it but also you just never know sometimes. Apparently the display is "amazing" and there are no physical or capacitive dedicated buttons - on-screen only.
I'd love to hear some details about the camera besides the unimportant "it's 13MP". Assuming it's at least a decent quality camera with a back side illuminated sensor I think this is the Droid I'm looking for!

Last edited:

hotice

Reaction score
Ram

Has anyone heard if the Razr HD will have 2GB of RAM? I think I heard something about that a while ago but it didn't seem like a sure thing? I'd love to have that confirmed. It would be very sad it Moto released this phone with only 1GB of RAM.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nice find on the stats hotice :) now I wonder if its coming soon or later this summer, dl says later, the story above said later and sooner.... GRRRRR.
No ideas on the ram.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Has anyone heard if the Razr HD will have 2GB of RAM? I think I heard something about that a while ago but it didn't seem like a sure thing? I'd love to have that confirmed. It would be very sad it Moto released this phone with only 1GB of RAM.
truth be told I've used devices with a single core and only 512 MB of RAM and couldn't tell the difference. It's all about the software.

Moto is doing some phenomenal stuff in the software department, I wouldn't put too much stock on how much RAM it's going to have